Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 anywhere to hunt near Albany, NY? >

anywhere to hunt near Albany, NY?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

anywhere to hunt near Albany, NY?

Old 10-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default anywhere to hunt near Albany, NY?

I work in Albany NY every other weekend... Work has been slow and I live an hour away... Can't exactly sneak home and run back if someone shows up.... I am looking for a close spot near work to hunt with my bow. Does anyone know of any close by state land? I am directly off of exit 24 and the entrance of the northway.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anywhere to hunt near Albany, NY?

Lots of land in New Lebanon & Velatia... not sure what is public and what is not... good deer around too.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

salty, the pine bush is public and has some BRUISER BUCKS. but, with that being said, it gets a lot of pressure and they don't get big by being stupid.

i havent hunted there in years, but i still hears tales of bigguns. what the heck, you gotta be in it to win it, give it a shot. i think there is access off 155, but if you call Encon they will be happy to provide you with a list of public areas nearby.

Partidge run WMU in rennselearville is a big area and has alot of deer. it is less pressured because it is alot of thickets, but if youre not scared to do some legwork, there are ALOT of deer there.

good luck!
moose
Old 11-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Spike

Pittstown state forest is about a half hour away. Take rt 87(northway)north to exit 7(rt 7 north) towards Troy. Follow that about 10 miles or so into Pittstown. Take your first right after the general store(don't know the name of the road)and go straight past Tamarac rd. Keep going past the old tree farm and that is where Pittstown state forest is. There is a big pulloff right up the hill from the State forest sign. Most people go in there cause it is mostly flat. I prefer to continue on up the road to the swamp.