Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2005 Doe

Old 06-20-2006, 07:39 PM

Default 2005 Doe

So for my senior project I had to make a collage of the things that are important to me. I used pictures from my past hunting and fishing trips. One of these pictures included the only one I had of the doe I shot last season.

I shot her on the last day of the season. I knew she was small when I decided to shoot her, but she blew at me and it was zero hour. I wanted meat for the freezer and she looked tasty. She was quartering away (hence where the entrance wound is) when I shot.

Just thought I'd finally share.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2005 Doe

Looks like she fell at the sight you shot her...did she? Congrats, first deer?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

you could throw her over your shoulder and carry her out
Old 06-20-2006, 07:43 PM

Nope, she ran about 40 yards before she crashed. I just stuck the arrow in the ground behind her to get it out of the way.

I never gut my deer before I take pictures if I can help it.

And Cougar, funny you should say that... That's exactly what I did.

Edit* No, this wasn't my first with a bow. Second, I believe. I lost a great 130 - 140 class buck earlier in the season due to poor weather conditions/shot placement. I took a doe the previous season as well.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

At first glance I thought the arrow was still in it...sorry about the buck. Congrats on the 2 doe.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know for us thats a kool photo. But I would be careful showing that to the folks that it might offend. I know you are proud of your harvest but some folks may find it offensive and we don't need to help create Antis I know it sucks but you always have to think about it these days.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

You know for us thats a kool photo. But I would be careful showing that to the folks that it might offend. I know you are proud of your harvest but some folks may find it offensive and we don't need to help create Antis I know it sucks but you always have to think about it these days.
I'm the type that will walk through a group of protesting peta-punks eating a big juicy hamburger.....

I won't hang my head about what hunting just because I might offend someone. If the 1st ammendment applies to the all the "fringe elements" of society, surely it applies tous hunterstoo. I say bravo to ya lad.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

antis [:@]
Old 06-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I knew a guy who bowhunted in college and he'd drive through Michigan State's campus with a deer strapped to his hood. He'd hang 'em up in the tree in the front yard of his college pad. I wonder what the anti's thought of that!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Washinton,
You know the small ones get made fun of sometimes (like above in good funribbing) but my oh my they are tasty. My favorite deer is a 1.5 year old doe for the table. DELICIOUS! Anyway, congratulations on a good shot and that is bad luck about that buck. I shouldered one 2 seasons ago that was a darn good one so I know how you feel.

Quick Reply: 2005 Doe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.