Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY Bowhunters proposal >

NY Bowhunters proposal

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Bowhunters proposal

Old 02-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY Bowhunters proposal

we ALL know they want to cut the herd back and gave away a bazillion permits to do so.
like the "bazillion" they gave out in 7M??????
and like the "bazillion" they will give out in '05???? (fyi - there will, likely, be no permits again)
and they have said that they will be cutting back in other areas as well
Old 02-10-2005, 10:58 AM

Doughboy, like I said, Im not saying anyone is wrong here. I also wasnt speaking specifically of 7M. I was, of course, speaking in general, or at least of region 8 and 9. Im not sure which way you are going on your last post. I might be misunderstanding you.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bill Yox

Doughboy, like I said, Im not saying anyone is wrong here. I also wasnt speaking specifically of 7M. I was, of course, speaking in general, or at least of region 8 and 9. Im not sure which way you are going on your last post. I might be misunderstanding you.

I cannot for the life of me see how you can say numbers are down within the last 10 years in New York State. Thats like saying the Patriots did not win the last super bowl.

The survey is a CENSUS conducted NOT by the DEC. If you even bothered to look at the census, it was conducted by the NATIONAL (U.S.) Government.

And the days afield have increased approx 30% from 1996 to 2001 by NY hunters.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

we ALL know they want to cut the herd back and gave away a bazillion permits to do so.

And we all know that the DEC cut DMP/DMAP by 17% in 2004 beacuse of lower harvests in 2003 right?

And we all know that we will see 60% of WMU's reduced in DMP/DMAP's in 2005 across the state right?
Old 02-10-2005, 01:44 PM

As a bowhunter and a muzzleloader,I feel this proposal is a little unfair.I like the idea of bow starting on OCT.1,but all the way to the Saturday before Thanksgiving is a little long.I would like to see at least 1 week of muzzleloader only before the regular season for either sex.Then the regular season and then a longer muzzleloader after the regular season.It isn't worth the price of a muzzleloader license for only one week to shoot a buck.When I go hunting,I like the idea of having the best weapon available to harvest a deer with.Where I live,that is a muzzleloader so the longer I can hunt with it,the happier I am.Over a month of bow during the warmer weather would also be very enjoyable.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mdrbowler99

As a bowhunter and a muzzleloader,I feel this proposal is a little unfair.I like the idea of bow starting on OCT.1,but all the way to the Saturday before Thanksgiving is a little long.I would like to see at least 1 week of muzzleloader only before the regular season for either sex.Then the regular season and then a longer muzzleloader after the regular season.It isn't worth the price of a muzzleloader license for only one week to shoot a buck.When I go hunting,I like the idea of having the best weapon available to harvest a deer with.Where I live,that is a muzzleloader so the longer I can hunt with it,the happier I am.Over a month of bow during the warmer weather would also be very enjoyable.
Man, sometimes I love that weather early on...others....I am soaking in sweat and seem to attract all the annoying bugs in the vicinity

I think everyone agrees that a longer MZ season is in order, but when and where it gets added is up in the air.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:58 PM

Sorry Phade, I say it the way I see it. I already said I dont trust the numbers. For what its worth, in todays paper, the same one you and I get, there was an article stating license sale are down. When taxidermists and butchers across the state say theres a drastic drop in numbers, its not MY opinion anymore. And thats not even touching on hours afield. Most guys I know didnt put in a fraction of the hours afield they used to. Numbers are one thing but usage numbers are also a barometer as well.

Your numbers about the deer take is another example of what they said theyd do...lower the number of deer.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:00 PM

For what its worth, Ive already stated my being against the MZ season going later into December or into January...what do you guys wanna do with the extra MZ week? Where WOULD you guys posting here put it if you had the choice?
Old 02-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bill Yox

Sorry Phade, I say it the way I see it. I already said I dont trust the numbers. For what its worth, in todays paper, the same one you and I get, there was an article stating license sale are down. When taxidermists and butchers across the state say theres a drastic drop in numbers, its not MY opinion anymore. And thats not even touching on hours afield. Most guys I know didnt put in a fraction of the hours afield they used to. Numbers are one thing but usage numbers are also a barometer as well.

Your numbers about the deer take is another example of what they said theyd do...lower the number of deer.
You must think I believe deer take numbers are not down. I do.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:08 PM

Phade...I dont even know if we are arguing or agreeing! We speak of numbers in here, sometimes without explaining WHICH numbers were referring to, lol. Im very opinionated, but I know where Im coming from too. My bigger worry isnt if guys in here agree, because I do sincerely enjoy the debate, but what the DEC will do whether we say yes or no.

Quick Reply: NY Bowhunters proposal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.