Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Delaware, End of season wrap up. >

Delaware, End of season wrap up.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Delaware, End of season wrap up.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Delaware, End of season wrap up.

Maybe you guys need to look at Kent and Sussex County Opportunities???
Old 02-01-2005, 10:31 AM

ducks n bucks,
I grew up in Heritage Park! I now live off of old 273 near the Avon plant. My Pike creek spot is next to the three little bakers golf course. I guess these deer could travel to the Dupont property or to the St. park if they had to.

thruthevitals,
If you choose to hunt WCC you definitly want to check out the stands during the off season. Most are well marked but could be tough to find for the first time in the dark.
I went to the December mid week hunt at Judge Moris at WCC. I was very disapointed. Over 100 hunters showed up for only 8 gun stands. They need to find a different way to register for these hunts. I would suggest something like the perseason lottery. Turning away 92 people was a bummer.
One good thing came from this oppertunity and that was a guy from Fish and Wildlife (I forget his name) announced that they where looking to get more agressive with reducing the deer herd. He mentioned trying to work with the County to gain access to some of the County land. Middle run (county land) is right in the middle of the state park properties. I also hope they loosen some of the tight restrictions that are in place at WCC. It sometimes feels like your hoping something walks by rather that hunting. I will say that I've hunted at WCC for the past few years and they run a excelent program. Just a little to restrictive.
I do plan on checking out some oppertunities down state next year. It's just that living 5 min away from the St. park make it hard to want to drive 1hr+ to a hunting spot after work. -Ken
Old 02-01-2005, 02:46 PM

im only 15 so i do mostly all of my hunting with my dad and it is all south of st georges..but i do know of 2 different guys who have spots in korner ketch..and kill big deer outta there every year