Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Delaware Muzzleloader Season! >

Delaware Muzzleloader Season!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Delaware Muzzleloader Season!

Old 10-10-2003, 07:35 PM

Default Delaware Muzzleloader Season!

Starts in about 9 hours! can' t wait keep me posted with your results.

Pray for good weather 30% chance of precipitation tomorrow morning
Old 10-11-2003, 12:54 PM

Default RE: Delaware Muzzleloader Season!

I was out this morning. Took the Bow. I dont smokepole Did see some deer movement at the leased place which had been ice cold the last 2 week. All does. One was a big ass doe though. She just never got in range. Had 2 yearlings come within 30 yds, but they were too small. I' d been embarrased to take them to the butcher...

I heard just 2 shots over by woodland beach. One 10 mins after shooting time and one about 8:20am. Pretty quiet out there today. Later in the week its suppose to cool down nice. Maybe that will get things going. Good Luck!

Old 10-28-2003, 06:06 PM

Default RE: Delaware Muzzleloader Season!

I went out thursday morning saw two blobs move into an orchard before it was light enough to see much. Once it got light and didn' t see much else. Got up to do a little stalking and saw a buck standing down a long row. I moved around the outside edge of the orchard and when I came around I didn' t see him. I saw a doe standing there and since the owner of the farm prefers if I shot does I decided to take her. Just as I was about to shoot the buck stepped out from behind a tree and I changed my mind. I took him with 1 shot at 100yrds. I was using my CVA flintlock. (9 points, 17 1/2" spread, 197lbs dressed) I shoot 80 grains 3f w/ patched ball and open sites, I just purchased a traditions inline I plan to use in shotgun.