Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Delaware, End of season wrap up. >

Delaware, End of season wrap up.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Delaware, End of season wrap up.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Delaware, End of season wrap up.

By far my best year ever. I got off to a late start, now at 41 years old, I've only been hunting for the last 6 years. But back to this past season. September 6th. I arrowed a 8pt buck that was big enough to take my quality tag. This was my biggest buck ever so I decided to make the investment and have him mounted. October came and went, I enjoy bow hunting more than gun so I didn't take advantage of the additional shot gun days. First Saturday of shotgun in November I failed to get drawn at White Clay Creek so I went home and got my bow. At 2:20PM I arrowed a huge 9pt buck in the same woods that I got my September 8pt. This deer was much bigger (inches spread and mass) than my 8pt but I could not affor to get him stuffed. So I put the head in the garden to let the bugs clean it off and I am planning to do a European mount.

Later in November I took a trip to visit family in WV. Shot two bucks and two doe. December turned up a Delaware doe. and struck out in January. By far my best year ever.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:39 PM

Default RE: Delaware, End of season wrap up.

im jealous..where did u shoot ur 2 big bucks at?
Old 01-28-2005, 08:05 PM

Glad to hear about your season! I love hearing the sucess stories.

My father and I have tomorrow and 1/31 left. We're going at it with the bow and this late in the year, its tough. But, I never give up hope!

I bet your are looking forward to next season.....
Old 01-29-2005, 05:05 AM

My book says the season ends on 1/29/05 (today). Do i have a miss print?
Old 01-29-2005, 06:17 AM

I was wrong, you have to look at the amended changes, or at least i did, on the dnrec website.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:04 AM

My book says the season ends on 1/29/05 (today). Do i have a miss print?
At 1st, I though the same, but I EMailed DNREC and confirmed archery does indeed end 1/31. Im taking it with me Monday just in case.. [8D]
Old 01-31-2005, 12:44 PM

ducks n bucks,

I shot these two bucks (and saw a few more) on a small 30-40acre spot in the Pike creek area. However this is a story all of it's owne and unfortunitally for me it's simmilar to a story I've heard from several others.

I found this property two years ago and have had success both last year and this year. The sad part is that at the end of last year two bright yellow 8'X6' "Soon to be developed" signs showed up at the edges of the property. There was a land use hearing last year that delayed the developer form starting construction but all has been approved for them to begin in the spring. I'm afraid I may have harvested my last deer from this spot.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:51 PM

thruthevitals,

what part of Newark are you from? I also live in Newark. We don't have many spots to hunt in NCC, do you do any deer hunting at White Clay Creek? I do a good bit of my hunting at the park when the season is open. I'm not to crazy about driving down state. I also have a couple of honey holes in the area. I have this spot in pike creek and one other in the Hokessin area. These are both bow only spots, to small for shotgun. Where do you hunt?
Old 01-31-2005, 03:43 PM

de hunter, i live on milltown road which is just about in the pike creek area, does this spot back up to white clay or is it anywhere near middle run?
Old 01-31-2005, 06:37 PM

I live near the route 40 & rt 7 intersection. I have only hunted Wccsp a couple times in the 02/03 season, didnt see any deer. I know that its suppose to be a good area and im there alot during trout season (except last year) but i didnt hunt there any this season. I need to get out and find the stands, this year i may get to it. Did you get in on any of the special hunts they were suppose to have this season( middle of the week hunts). I started to go there the 02/03 season during the first week( in the morning) that was a mistake, vehicles lined up all the way out to the main road. Have no idea which areas there are productive either.

Quick Reply: Delaware, End of season wrap up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.