Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lions, in PA or NY? >

Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

Old 02-24-2005, 05:42 AM

Default RE: Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

I'v heard alot of rumors including the one about a cougar being killed in Gowanda NY
, I have lived in Gowanda for 47 years, I never heard of such a rumor, any further details like aprox. date, place?
Old 02-25-2005, 11:40 AM

i havent seen any mt loins around my area yet. when i do there ganna say hi to my 7mm bullet
Old 02-25-2005, 08:55 PM

I have just one question to ask regarding this issue. If there are no Mt Lion in PA, why did they institute a $5000 fine and 1 yr suspension for killing Mt Lion in PA?
Old 02-26-2005, 07:11 AM

Turkey Hunter & CATT Yes there Are !!!!!! Puma's / Mountaion lions in NY, I live south of Rochester NY , & my Nephew Came upon one 2 winters ago Scared the Crap outta him, I seen dear carcases the following spring Out scopeing tukeys & they were 10 Feet Stuck in a branch in A tree, Coyotes dont do that.....& yes I even Seen & measured Cougar tracks in the snow, & used Books to identify Them.... Also this past Hunting Season 2004 , Between Nunda & Dansville NY , Have Pictures Of a Cougar chaseing a Coyoye In a pasture...So Yes there are Cougars That DEC released years ago In Southern Tier NY , Also if you go To lou's gun shop in Bath NY You will see posters saying, ( HAVE you seen these in the woods, Pumas/Cougars/ mountain lions....... There Are believers & non Believers, But to much evidence In front of you, Not to Believe.....
Old 02-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Medic167 wrote:
I have just one question to ask regarding this issue. If there are no Mt Lion in PA, why did they institute a $5000 fine and 1 yr suspension for killing Mt Lion in PA?
They didn't, and you are being less than honest when you imply that "they" did. Is it against the law to shoot a Mt Lion in PA? Yes it is but it is a violation of both federal and state laws not written to specifically protect Mountain Lions as you imply but to protect endangered species and animals that do not have a specific hunting season associated with them in general.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Conservationist

The DEC does have records of mountain lion sightings and reports - .

The DEC wont deny there being Mt Lions in the state - The simply wont say that there is either.

CONSERVATIONIST.......HI, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE FINE ACTUALLY IS,? I HAVE HEARD MANY DIFFERENT QUOTES? i REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE LAW READS?

A Mt. Lion is a very deadly animal if not respected but, for they would rather be unseen and unbothered. It is just their nature. If given enough space lions in NY would not be a big deal the problem lies in people that would not be happy leaving well enough alone and they would go looking for these animals and would end up getting injured or worse then the animals would be labled man eaters and would most likely be killed on sight in spite of the hefty fine that would go along with it.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

BTW, You haven't cleared a thing up you could be Cougardaville or anyone using a different username.
EXCUSE ME............I AM COUGARDAVILLE! YOU REALLY NEED TO GET A LIFE, & SOME MANNERS!

AS FOR YOU "CONSERVATIONIST" GOOD JOB TRYING, BUT HIS THREAD IS A TRAIN WRECK, ........."THEY CAN ONLY HEAR THERE OWN VOICES"
THEY START WITH A GROWL.........THEN SPIT OUT A FEW WORDS![:-]
WASTE OF YOUR TIME.......

WWW.Trackincats.com I have some nice coyote pictures! More coming....
Old 02-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Slowpitch

Also this past Hunting Season 2004 , Between Nunda & Dansville NY , Have Pictures Of a Cougar chaseing a Coyoye In a pasture...
Would absolutely love to see this picture...post it up for us. If not, email it to me and I can host it. Otherwise, I do not believe you at all.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

Medic167 wrote:
They didn't, and you are being less than honest when you imply that "they" did. Is it against the law to shoot a Mt Lion in PA? Yes it is but it is a violation of both federal and state laws not written to specifically protect Mountain Lions as you imply but to protect endangered species and animals that do not have a specific hunting season associated with them in general.
Oh so the farmer that was threatened with this non law near me is a liar too. OK I can accept that.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Medic167 wrote:
Oh so the farmer that was threatened with this non law near me is a liar too.
It should have been blatantly obvious to you that my post agreed that killing a Mt. Lion is against the law in PA.
Is it against the law to shoot a Mt Lion in PA? Yes it is...
How could you possibly twist this into my saying that it is not? The point here is that there is not a law specifically written to protect Mt. Lions in PA and that is what you are trying to say and it simply isn't true. It is against the law to kill any animal that is listed as endangered and because a Mt. Lion is on the list it is against the law. How can you not understand this?

Quick Reply: Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.