Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lions, in PA or NY? >

Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

Old 01-07-2005, 08:41 AM

Default RE: Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

I know an extensive net work of hunters in the Gowanda area, they know farmers and hunters and themselves hunt in all areas around Gowanda. Unless this happened yesterday and the phone lines are broke, I'd bet this rumor wasn't true. Of course, maybe, they just got the town wrong, maybe it happened just like that but it was a different town or I somehow didn't hear it.

They did have a big hostage situation there the other day but no cougars were involved.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:20 AM

This rumor is just that a rumor. There have been no mountain lions killed in the Gowanda area to the best of my knowledge. If there were mountain lions in Western NY the woods would be littered with dead deer. Certainly with the number of hunters out in the woods and the number of deer a mountain lion would have to kill to survive people would find carcasses and it would be reported. I own property in Catt County, have worked in Gowanda and I have hunted extensively in and through out the County and have never directly heard some one say that he killed or saw a mountain lion in Catt County. I have heard the rumor but it is just that. This is just another urban legend. I am not saying that it is impossible. Maybe some ones pet mountain lion escaped or was let loose, but there is not a self sustaining population of mountain lions in Western NY. I am sure some day there will be but not yet. If your interested to see where they really are eastern mountain lions check out this web site

http://www.easterncougarnet.org/index.html
Old 01-07-2005, 06:35 PM

It's to bad we have to deal with low lifes, who got nothing better to do but talk crap. I guess you aren't considered "HUNTERS". Hunters take their sport more serious than the people who just like to talk smack! I guess we can figure out which one's I refer to.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:38 PM

There was a mountain lion killed in Freedom, Ny by a farmer and the cat had a DEC tag.If the DEC had no knowledge of these cats,how come they paid for his lost cattle?
Old 01-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mdrbowler99

There was a mountain lion killed in Freedom, Ny by a farmer and the cat had a DEC tag.If the DEC had no knowledge of these cats,how come they paid for his lost cattle?
Prove it.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

You want to see some pictures?
Old 01-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

You want to see some pictures?
sure do ! LOL
Old 01-28-2005, 10:55 PM

Your a smart man, "they are here" !

ORIGINAL: Turkeyhunter1

Catt, Yea, I'm not looking for an arguement with nobody, Just trying to find out if these rumors are true. I know I like the idea of being the hunter, not the hunted. These thing's can be man killer's if they make that decision. I do appreciate your input!! By the way, do you hunt in the southern tier? ...........
Old 01-28-2005, 11:20 PM

I'm not sure if there are Mountain lions in Pa, but I think there are some Nittany Lions
Old 01-29-2005, 11:39 AM

Funny how in PA we can eliminate a large number of deer through hunting but can't confirm a road kill, track, scat, sighting of a moutain lion.

Quick Reply: Mountain lions, in PA or NY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.