Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 what do you want in pa >

what do you want in pa

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

what do you want in pa

Old 01-02-2005, 07:40 PM

Default RE: what do you want in pa

That's the exact answer I was looking for. In other words hunting over a crop planted for the sole purpose of attracting wildlife is no different than baiting,except one is legal and the other isn't.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

And unless you never hunted next to a crop field, an apple tree, a white oak etc. you are no different than someone who plants food plots. As I said before, its not something I'm into but most people That I know who do plant food for wildlife dont generally hunt over it.

Would you refuse to hunt near a food plot on one of Pa's gamelands?
Old 01-02-2005, 09:28 PM

After all the talk of feeding vs. baiting vs. food plots...just a question along those same lines?

Is it a fair assumption that the ones of you that are against the feeding / baiting / food plots or any one or combination of those things

1. Would not hunt in Texas, Sask, Alberta, Florida and many other places where it is a lawful practice for deer?

2. Wouldn't go on a baited hunt for bears in Quebec, New Brunswick, Maine, NH, Sask, Alberta etc?

3. Wouldn't hunt coyotes over a bait pile like in Maine and other areas?

4. Wouldn't run deer with dogs as is the common practice in the south?

5. Wouldn't run coyotes, bobcat, mountain lions, racoons or bear with dogs as is the common practice in many areas?

Just curious to hear the responses based on the knowledge of the laws etc that you all have put forth.

Thanks
Old 01-03-2005, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Chicory, you have avoided this question before but I'll ask again, How about giving us your definition of a wannabe????

How's this:

WANNABEES--

Whiny Amateur (k)Now-it-all (k)Notheads After Bigshot Exposure and Elite Status?

Chickory? Am I close?
Old 01-03-2005, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

I for one have hunted in states where baiting and hound hunting are LEGAL though I don't see how you connect the two. The key word is where it is LEGAL. Pa considers hunting over true agriculture fields legal, near natural mass crops as legal, etc. BUT planting for the sole purpose of hunting over those plantings is ILLEGAL.
Don't be fooled by some posters that say "oh I take the corn away 30 days prior to hunting over it". Sure they do but the animals are conditioned by then to the BIOLOGIC they had the corn in.
You put corn out you're doing it for 1 reason to feed animals, plain an simple. Horn hunter's logic
Old 01-03-2005, 06:16 AM

And unless you never hunted next to a crop field, an apple tree, a white oak etc. you are no different than someone who plants food plots. As I said before, its not something I'm into but most people That I know who do plant food for wildlife dont generally hunt over it.
The big differences is in the intent of the person planting a crop strictly to attract game ,versus a farmer that is planting in order to harvest a crop.

BTW, I do not object to planting crops to attract wild life , but I am honest enough to recognize the difference between planting a crop to harvest and planting a crop to attract game.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Pinwheel*******
BINGO! Smack dead center on the first wack!
Wannabes= a shooter that watches so much Outdoor Life TV Channel they have come to think the box blind/food plot buck is a hard won trophy
Old 01-03-2005, 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Pinwheel 12

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Chicory, you have avoided this question before but I'll ask again, How about giving us your definition of a wannabe????

How's this:

WANNABEES--

Whiny Amateur (k)Now-it-all (k)Notheads After Bigshot Exposure and Elite Status?

Chickory? Am I close?

I have given definitions of wannabes about 5 times here..... BTB is just a selective reader. Eventually he has to do some work on his own, I get tired of spoon feeding him.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:48 AM

We've learned through all of these post that the wannabes are mad because they can't shoot a young buck when presented the opportunity.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

That fits my definition 902!

The most pitiful wannabe of all is the one that begrudges a kid or one of our military the opportunity to kill a buck that they may have to pass up while they cuss about AR! (statistically the few smaller bucks killed by kids and servicemen dont hurt the goals of AR and the trade off in terms of promoting hunting to our youth and rewarding our brave servicemen any way we can for their service is well worth the cost)

Overheard this year in 2D.....

"I had a nice 6 point right in front of me and had to let it walk and it went over the rise and some snot nosed kid shot it. This is BS!"

That guy , my friends, is the worst, most pitiful kind of wannabe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.