Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 what do you want in pa >

what do you want in pa

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

what do you want in pa

Old 12-30-2004, 08:26 PM

Default what do you want in pa

I am fairly new to this site and all but i would like to know
what it would take to make you happy? what does everyone
want any opion please
Old 12-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what do you want in pa

3 day doe season reduced doe tag numbers. the WMU's made smaller. And sunday hunting
Old 12-31-2004, 01:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

A deer every year in the freezer. So my wife dont think Im to old to hunt or I'm stupid
Old 12-31-2004, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

moose season......kinda be just like deer season......say your hunting them....just never see one!!!...according to some people atleast.....in all seriousness id say the doe killing went far enough.....ARs arent doing much that i can tell.......maybe give em a year or 2 more n scrap them if we dont see much....which i dont think anyone truely has yet....last year we killed more bigger bucks then this year......just dont see the results yet.......and HR is going to far.....i like the special oct muzzleloader hunt.....wish we could take a buck with a flinter though during that season....id say lower the number of tags given out and have rifle season for does on the 2 saturdays during rifle season and the old 3 days after....and sunday hunting!!!!!!!!!!!! dont take alot to make us guys happy.....just a few little things that they should never tinkerd with......
Old 12-31-2004, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Make the AR even more strict to save all 1.5yr old buck. Reduce the number of doe tags given out and go back to the three day doe gun season.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Smaller WMU's

Better deer kill reporting system with meaningful enforcement to those who dont comply or those who file false kill reports.

Continue HR where its needed but back off where its not.

Manage game lands for the game animals, not for timber sales.

Keep AR and look at how to enhance it to protect more 1.5 bucks

Make the price of shooting a BB in early archery be the hunters buck tag

some type of earn a buck program if the hunter wishes to hunt bucks before regular seson

keep the more liberal AR for junior hunters and our servicemen

Combine the PGC and PFC? OK, just keep DCNR at arms length.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

make everyone follow the same AR
drop youth hunting days altogether
no buck hunting for archers
60% cut in doe tags
Old 12-31-2004, 04:17 PM

1. Revise the OWDD so that they reflect the true carrying capacity of all the habitat the deer utilize, not just forested habitat. This would increase the OWDD to 20-25 DPSM in mixed farmland and would lots andthereby eliminate the need for further HR in many areas.
2. Repeal AR until a WMU is within 10% of the OWDD goals. This would allow AR to be evaluated fairly , rather than have it's effects being over shadowed by HR.
3. Instead of denigrating and deceiving hunters like Alt has done , I would give them more credit for the effort they put forth . By trying to convince hunters that the large anterless harvest haven't reduced the herd Alt has undermined the credibility of the PGC and created a new generation of hunters that want to protect the doe.
4. A PR campaign should be started to encourage land owners to open more of their land to hunters. The PGC has failed to emphasize the role property owners must play in solving overpopulation problems in many areas.
5. Repeal AR's and institute an earn a buck plan in SRA counties.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:54 PM

i am not sure how to word it but i think that you should have to bring your buck to a check in station and when you do so you should be allowed to apply for a second buck tag.

i think they should only allow 1 doe tag per hunter

make the early muzzleloader season after or before achery season. you get guys out there shooting at deer and spooking them right before the rut begins.

sunday hunting

illeagle to hunt deer with a rifle under .24 caliber

award something to those who send in their harvest report cards. "something small ie: late season doe tag, $3 that where spent buying the lisences just something little to encourage people to send in those cards " because i know lots of guys who never sent one in their life!! now how are we supposed to know how many deer are being killed if you don't send in your cards?
Old 12-31-2004, 08:17 PM

no buck hunting for archers

illeagle to hunt deer with a rifle under .24 caliber
are you crack heads for real?...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.