Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
In need of Club in Delaware >

In need of Club in Delaware

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

In need of Club in Delaware

Old 01-07-2002, 03:27 PM

Default In need of Club in Delaware

My brother and I are in search of a hunting club with membership openings. We both are advid bow hunters and both like to duck hunt.We are looking for the opportunity to introduce our children to hunting, but as anyone knows this is very hard to do on public lands. Use to belong to a small group of hunters that rented a parcel of farmland and have recently lost our lease, due to the fact that the property was sold. Any information would be greatly appreciated. You may email me at [email protected]
Old 01-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: In need of Club in Delaware

ozon3.i also am looking so if you keep me informed i will share any info with you...i do have another person or a few also interested if that helps...i am primarily interested in Deer Huntin

Edited by - DeBucks on 01/08/2002 20:25:05
Old 01-09-2002, 05:59 AM

Maybe we should get the guys together and try to get something started up.
Old 01-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Up

any others interested...rick?
Old 01-10-2002, 05:26 PM

Guys, personally I'd wait 'til the end of the season and go knock on a few doors. Good attitudes and friendly smiles can still get you some ground in southern Delaware. Add some cash or labor and your chances will only improve. The only glich I see is someone mentioned duck hunting. Added in, the price of waterfowl rights makes the cost of hunting property unobtainable!! Don't forget public ground. I pass some great peices every time I hunt and they are underutilized in bowseason!!! Especially the industrial forest lands!!! Good Luck!!
Old 01-10-2002, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

DeBob....WELCOME

i hunted industrailized forrest lands once...but during gun

are there some good ones out there?
clue me in Buddy
Old 01-10-2002, 06:39 PM

your right I have run into great problems obtaining land for both deer and waterfowl hunting. I'm tryin to focus on deer hunting right now, since I always enter the lottery at Augustine beach for waterfowl. I haven't hunted any of the industrail forest lands. I hunted Blackbird forest this past gun season and it was a sea of orange. It wasn't the best of times, kinda left a bad taste towards public land. I have 3 hunters very interested in aquiring a lease for deer. Plan on knocking on alot of doors after the season ends and welcome those who would like to join me.
Old 01-10-2002, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Count me in too guys. I've been here 4 years and have only hunted Blackbird and Blackiston. DEBob, you're right about forest land being under bowhunted. I've seen some real nice bucks. But, I was going to bowhunt the other day near a marsh that I gun hunted on Blackiston and ran into 3 duck hunters heading for the same marsh. That screwed up my morning. I also had a hang on stand stolen off Blackbird. It was a good 3/4's of a mile off the road. I thought nobody would find it. I was wrong. I too am just intrested in deer hunting. I'm willing to pay or do chores. Let me know. I'm here all the time.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would join in for sure. I was going to try to get something together but it is still a little early. Most leases have an option to renew and hunting seasons are still open.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:02 PM

DeBucks, I've never been good at quiding!!! Actually, all of them look good! You just have to remember, none of them are going to be the land of milk and honey!! It'll take some leg work to find the best places!!

There are two properties that border land I manage. We implemented a QDM plan on one about 5 years ago and there are some giants that spend time on both sides of the property line! For obvious reasons, I would never post the location on the Internet!!!

I do alot of shed horn hunting. After the seaon, maybe we could walk a few of them!

Everyone else:
As for forming a lease, I'll keep my ears open. I get offers to lease some new ground every once in awhile. I'm personally looking to find some DE/MD ground (500 acre + parcel) for a long term lease that can be strictly managed. Few folks would adhere to the rules I would impose. I have maybe two friends that could pass the test!! If any of you feel you could, let me know!!

My other suggestion is I would be more serious about finding some ground and forming a club if I knew you guys abit better. Maybe after the season we could have a "bring your own target" get together. I've got plenty of places down in Sussex to hold the event. Any takers??

Quick Reply: In need of Club in Delaware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.