Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa hunters- any luck today?? >

Pa hunters- any luck today??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa hunters- any luck today??

Old 11-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pa hunters- any luck today??

anybody score today??
Old 11-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pa hunters- any luck today??

12 hours in chair ,seen nothing heard 7 shots next to me on a 4000 acre gamelands and state park,WHOPPEE
Old 11-29-2004, 04:02 PM

BUDDY TOLD ME HE HEARD NOTHING BUT ONE SHOT HE WAS IN CARBON COUNTY SAID DIDN'T EVEN SEE A DOE
Old 11-29-2004, 04:53 PM

Lackawanna county !!!! Didn't see a single deer, heard 5 shots. whoppeee
EVERYONE WE TALKED TODAY WAS VERY " PISSED"
NICE DEER MANAGEMENT ALT... This should do it for you.. byeeeeee
Old 11-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

I didnt get any shots but my brother got a nice 7 point and my dad got a huge 8 point with a 20" spread. This is in Huntingdon County
Old 11-29-2004, 05:55 PM

Seen 11 different deer today. No shooter bucks. I already used my doe tag for 2D during archery. There was a lot of shooting around us but the deer didn't really move until the afternoon.
My brother hunted in 2B and only saw one deer and that was when he was leaving the woods.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:22 PM

no luck today. Did not even see a tail. Saw turkeys twice and a red fox.

When I came down to the truck I was the last one so I did not get to ask how anyone else did.

Back again tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Host of Hosts

I didn't see a single deer until 12.30 and she was running full bore...Saw 2 more doe about an hour later followed by a little spike, and then finally was able to get a shot off at 2:35 at a doe, she was running with another doe . I saw a total of 6 deer and I had to move to see them, with the exception of the last 2. I was holding off my criticism of the Deer Management changes for the first couple years, but now I have made up my mind on it. I don't think that the killing of all the does is working, I don't think the AR are working alll that well either. I hunt in Elk County and I was seeing and getting larger bucks 3 and 4 years ago 8 point and 9 point now all I'm seeing is spikes and last year I saw a forkhorn and a couple spikes. I used to see at least 20 or more deer first day and way back when I first started hunting as a kid it wasn't rare to see herds of 20 -30 deer at a time and about 90 first day. I admit there were rarely any bucks in those groups, but we saw deer. I think alot of people are happy just being able to see deer even if they don't get one. My doe hunting days may be over for awhile I'm gonna buy a tag and not use it. Maybe I can save about 3 deer a year that way and send a message to Pa Game Commission. Something has to be done with the doe kills.

I did get the doe I shot at by the way, but I'm feeling guilty about it, like I shouldn't have taken her.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:48 PM

got a huge doe from bout 30 yds around 9:30. another guy beside us got one too. i heard probably heard bout 100 plus shots, though i doubt any of those got one. i think the main problem is that most people wont get off the main trails. u actually have to get off the rods to see deer. sorry to burst some of ur bubbles.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slow day in Somerset county. We had 2 bucks killed a 6pt and a 7pt and 3 doe kills. I only saw 5 deer all day ive never seen it this slow! where have all the deer gone??? Good luck boys! hopefully we find em!

Quick Reply: Pa hunters- any luck today??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.