HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa hunters- any luck today??
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 06:47 PM
PABuck_HNTR
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Pa hunters- any luck today??

I didn't see a single deer until 12.30 and she was running full bore...Saw 2 more doe about an hour later followed by a little spike, and then finally was able to get a shot off at 2:35 at a doe, she was running with another doe . I saw a total of 6 deer and I had to move to see them, with the exception of the last 2. I was holding off my criticism of the Deer Management changes for the first couple years, but now I have made up my mind on it. I don't think that the killing of all the does is working, I don't think the AR are working alll that well either. I hunt in Elk County and I was seeing and getting larger bucks 3 and 4 years ago 8 point and 9 point now all I'm seeing is spikes and last year I saw a forkhorn and a couple spikes. I used to see at least 20 or more deer first day and way back when I first started hunting as a kid it wasn't rare to see herds of 20 -30 deer at a time and about 90 first day. I admit there were rarely any bucks in those groups, but we saw deer. I think alot of people are happy just being able to see deer even if they don't get one. My doe hunting days may be over for awhile I'm gonna buy a tag and not use it. Maybe I can save about 3 deer a year that way and send a message to Pa Game Commission. Something has to be done with the doe kills.

I did get the doe I shot at by the way, but I'm feeling guilty about it, like I shouldn't have taken her.