Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa hunters- any luck today?? >

Pa hunters- any luck today??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa hunters- any luck today??

Old 12-02-2004, 06:26 PM

Default RE: Pa hunters- any luck today??

Do you realize that feeding deer during deer season is illegal? I think it might e called baiting.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:37 PM

I shot a doe today, one of two I saw, at 4:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PAHUNTER21

If you all are seriously not seeing deer, you need to thank all the land owners that are posting their land "No Hunting". You get a large group of guys hunting a parcel, the deer get pushed to adjoining land that is posted... a safe haven for the deer.
Or possibly the reason the "NO HUNTING" signs went up in the first place is because people just help themselves and don't have the curtousy to as first.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you realize that feeding deer during deer season is illegal? I think it might e called baiting.
We would never bait deer. The area with the corn feeder is in the backyard of the house and a couple of miles from the hunting area. There is no hunting anywhere near the house so there's no way it could be construed as baiting. If anything, it would draw the deer away from where we hunt. The non-hunters who live in that development put out corn for deer as well and they're sure as heck not baiting.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: White-tail-deer

ORIGINAL: PAHUNTER21

If you all are seriously not seeing deer, you need to thank all the land owners that are posting their land "No Hunting". You get a large group of guys hunting a parcel, the deer get pushed to adjoining land that is posted... a safe haven for the deer.
Or possibly the reason the "NO HUNTING" signs went up in the first place is because people just help themselves and don't have the curtousy to as first.
Agreed, but that's where the deer are. [:-]
Old 12-03-2004, 12:03 AM

Today all we saw was our Limpy Leg 5 point - until later...
Ran into a neighbor who asked permission to hunt (only cause he was busted, but that's another story) and said that we could hunt their property. They own hundreds of acres. Anyway, they reported seeing a lot of bucks - good shooters too but they're hiding.
At 4 pm as the sun was going down I was on top of the hill and looked across the valley to a neighboring farm field - there were at least 30 deer! A few of them were bucks too. And the funny thing was that there were people hunting there less than an hour before. I could see cars and trucks going by and stopping to look at the deer. So that's where they're hiding! Guess they're all herded up already....
Old 12-03-2004, 09:11 AM

I got an 8 point monday at 11:00, my best deer yet. We got one other 8 point in camp along with 2 doe and a couple misses.

I heard more shooting this year than i did last year.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:17 PM

Well lets see! Got on stand at 6:00 and left at last light. Not a tail much less any shooting all day! This is on Federal land in Delaware Water Gap on opening day! Out all day same area on Thursday did get to see really nice tall & wide 4-Pointer walk past me at 50 yards. Could'nt wish hard enough for one more point! That was it for Thursday. Friday out all day in Northampton County (Slateford Farms) NOTHING. I seen some nice bucks during last week of archery in Delaware Water Gap. Did'nt here of any being shot yet! So far this is the worst year on these areas that I have ever seen it! Seems like the deer are extinct from the areas now! Well see what happens Sat. but not getting my hopes up!!
Old 12-03-2004, 06:52 PM

Well, first post so here it goes. Group did better than last couple of years. A few doe and one nice 8 pt. Large 8-10 point wounded and not found. Not hapy about that. I filled my Buck tag in Archery so was looking for does. Didn't see a single deer but it was the best hunting day I've ever had.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:07 PM

got a doe yesterday boy the300 RUM sure does a number on them deer dropped in her tracks.

Quick Reply: Pa hunters- any luck today??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.