Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Primos estrus bleat call >

Primos estrus bleat call

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Primos estrus bleat call

Old 11-06-2004, 10:01 PM

Default Primos estrus bleat call

Hello all, soon I will be hunting regular season here in the southern tier of NY, I recently bought a primos estrus bleat call and would like to know if anyone has used these before. If so, how well do they work and any other knowledge of these you folks might have.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Primos estrus bleat call

Works GREAT!!! http://tinypic.com/f6rti
Old 11-08-2004, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

I agree......I called a buck off of a doe in the chase phase of the rut this year. It doesn't always work, but in November it seems to work like magic.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess Im the one in a million who hasnt had it work, Ive used mine religiously in Nov for 3 years, never had a buck come in on it. I have had them shoot in on a grunt call, but if I see a buck off in the distance, and give him a roll of the can, he just looks my way, and then keeps walking. oh well just my experience. I wished I had some great review to give you, Ive been praying just once for that thing to give me an edge!!
Old 11-08-2004, 03:41 PM

I just got one on Friday. Used it Saturday and today with no luck. I actually saw a small buck moving thru at 6:30am today and tried it on him and he ignored it. [:'(] Hope this doesnt become a trend.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:59 PM

duckmaster...keep at it...i called some deer out of the swamp once with it...they hung up though. it works at times
Old 11-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

In two years of trying it, I've never had a single success using it. Other bleat and grunt calls have worked well for me, but not the can.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:14 PM

What WMU are you going to be in lewis?
Old 11-12-2004, 06:10 PM

I've never had any success that I know of. All the shooter bucks just glanced over and kept on walking...
The local archery pro told me to shake the can very lightly as it is bawling as this will give it a more realistic effect. I did this the other day and a couple of minutes later I had a three point and a button with one inch buttons come in. The three point didn't seem eager at all but then decided to bed about 10 feet from me. I was kneeling in the V of a large downed tree. I decided to play games and bagan making all kinds of bleats, bawls and grunts with my mouth. His eyes got as big as saucers then he decided something was wrong and got up and walked away. The button walked around behind me so I don't know what happened to him. I don't know if it was the can or coincidence that brought them in though.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:11 PM

Hey JoeinNY, I will be in WMU 4C. It's northern Rensselaer County. What about you?