Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

damn squirells

Old 11-10-2004, 06:45 PM

Default damn squirells

I am hunting over a corn feeder. I get in my stand about 12 00 and i have my feeder set for 3 00 and by the end of the night all the corn is gone because of all the squirells and chipmonks eating all the corn is there any way i can get rid of them besides shooting them.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:48 PM

Default RE: damn squirells

Not anything that I know of will deter them from the corn. Nothing can get between a squirrel or varmint and its food. I'll come and take em out for ya. Use a slingshot..... lol it wont stir up your area too much.

Joe
Old 11-11-2004, 05:28 PM

I plan on going small game hunting to nail several squirrels around my deer/bear baiting spot.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

I stuck one to the ground the other day. The others jumped a bit & looked around then just started eating again next to their pinned buddy. I thnk the racoons eat more of my corn than they do tho, & they wont stay till its light enuff to shoot them either. The nerve!
Old 11-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put a pile of corn out preseason in front of my game cam, and the first roll of film was 90% deer, by the second roll it was 50%, and by the third roll I had 2 deer on it, the culprit,..........raccoons!!! I had one picture of a squirrel, 2 deer, and the rest was a family of coons, 6 to be exact! they would visit the pile twice a day, and I would get sometimes 6 pictures per feeding, with my timer set on five minutes, a roll of film was blowing out in 2 or 3 days. they were just plain gorging themselves on my corn, probably till they couldnt move! I finally stopped this game by not bothering anymore, I doubt if the deer were even getting some anyway.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:28 PM

mossy33oak, time to sit out there at night with your trusty deer rifle and whack them coons...