Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 My hunting club sucks >

My hunting club sucks

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

My hunting club sucks

Old 10-19-2004, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My hunting club sucks

Guys,,,Its NJ!!!! 13 guys on 100 acres is common in the northern zones....QDM is difficult to have on a small parcel of land. Unless the zone has the restrictions or the club sets them in the by-laws you have no say Lifehog. The others in your club can shoot the small bucks...Is it right? Well thats in eye of the beholder...

EAB helps but most won't wait for big antlers..Before EAB archers were allowed 4 bucks! We have come along way since then.

My advise to you is to bring this matter to a vote. If this is not agreed on try and find a club in a point restricted zone or one that has their own rules in place.

Good luck.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:13 PM

Default RE: My hunting club sucks

Here in NJ. How long ago? Clubs with that much property and even less they want over $1000 . The guy that ran the club I was in last year leased another piece of property that was 200ac. and he wanted $3000 per person.These days you're lucky if you can find property to lease in NJ and if you do, for how long. I've been in 3 different clubs in the past 3 years because the properties were sold.And they ranged from 100 ac - 500 ac. One club was 120 ac and had 19 members. I hunted every weekend in every season and sometimes during the week and didn't see more than 4 people other than myself. This club is 95% woods. You're lucky if someone could see you 60 yds away.We're not a "brown and its down" club or have 20 guys driving. or be headhunters like the former club that had the property "some guys from Lodi " We all stand hunt.