Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Hunting In PA Sucks! >

Hunting In PA Sucks!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hunting In PA Sucks!

Old 01-02-2006, 07:17 PM

Default Hunting In PA Sucks!

This is my first year of hunting and I've never thought it to be this bad. First I found out that we can't hunt with airguns, I got an 800 some dollar fine and license revoked for that, and also, shouldn't the PGC stop dragging there butts and actually do something about getting animal populations to rise. Lastly, some of the hunters in PA make me absolutely sick. For example, I was out hunting for squirrels with my friend and his dad with.22, and this about40 yards away starts shootingthese squirrels with his shotgun and practically blows it apart and just leaves it there, like we're going to pick it up. Later that day, we were heading to my friend's dad's truck and my friend sees a squirrel about 45and shoots it, it starts falling, and some25 or so year-oldguy comes man tries shooting it with his rifle about 25 yards from the squirrel and about 10 yards to our right and then runs to it and picks it up then, he just walks off with it like he shot it. I'm glad we're gonna move to Colorado soon, I hate PA!
Old 01-02-2006, 07:41 PM

Default RE: Hunting In PA Sucks!

First, People are idiots everywhere man. As long as you do your part, thats all you can do. Secondly, If this is your first year of hunting, you should know from the Hunter Safety Course and book you received when you picked your license up at Wal Mart or Gander Mountain or wherever you picked it up that you cant use an airgun. Third, where are you hunting in PA? I trip over Deer and squirrels
Old 01-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have fun in Colorado.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

The fact you got fined was no ones fault but your own.....I as well have plenty of game in my area and find hunting PA to be wonderful. I also question the validity of this whole story and finally, enjoy Colorado but obey the laws there as well.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: truehunter

Lastly, some of the hunters in PA make me absolutely sick. For example, I was out hunting for squirrels with my friend and his dad with.22, and this about40 yards away starts shootingthese squirrels with his shotgun and practically blows it apart and just leaves it there
Aren't you the same person that posted a thread in the Small Game Forum about using turkey loads on squirrles because it was and I quote "a great laugh"?

Ohh....wait....here ya go....here's a link!
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1360172

Also, like HSWB said, you should have know the rules from your HTE class that it is illegal to hunt with air guns. It is your responsibility as a "true hunter"to know the rules and regulations of the sport.

As for you being glad that you are moving away from PA, honestly....I'm kind of glad you are too.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everything works out in the end pal, as evidencedby your moving to Colorado. Somehow PA will manage without you.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everything works out in the end pal, as evidencedby your moving to Colorado. Somehow PA will manage without you.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

You and your airgun have a great time in Colorado. Oh, and do everyone a favor and dont tell em where you came from.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:36 AM

Truehunter, did you get your parents permission to log onto the internet..??
Old 01-03-2006, 10:39 AM

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

Note: I don't think I have ever seen more than 1 other person hunting squirrels, ever, in the areas and gamelands I have hunted.

Quick Reply: Hunting In PA Sucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.