Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD Hunt Final Preperation >

MD Hunt Final Preperation

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Hunt Final Preperation

Old 09-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: MD Hunt Final Preperation

Can't make Sunday but maybe Saturday. BTW I just ordered my first GPS so I have the radios and a GPS that I proablly won't know how to use [&:].
Old 09-07-2004, 03:29 PM

I have hunted a fair amount at Monocacy. I have a GPS, RADIO, AND Climber and a real good idea of where to hunt it. The question I have is, with all of these people going, won't you all be setting on top of one another? I have seen monster bucks in the area but have never been able to get a shot at one. Good luck hunting it. Since I have not hunted this area in awhilr, is it a bow only area now?
Old 09-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Glen In Marland

The question I have is, with all of these people going, won't you all be setting on top of one another?
yeah, well luckily I have purchased a new 10 man climber. We will all be able to hunt from the same tree actually. Its kinda like the olympic rowing, 9 guys climb while one sits on top with a bull horn yelling " Climb" "Climb". I have voted myself to be that guy!!!
seriously though, I have seen alot of the guys that post in this topic, and they all seem to be good people, Im sure nobody will complain about being close to somebody else, In fact I've hunted 50 yrds from another guy and it just made it that much easier, he saw deer coming toward me and radioed me way before I even saw them. Im sure we will all just enjoy the day, and enjoy getting to meet everybody!!!!

mossy
Old 09-08-2004, 04:48 AM

I have hunted close before to. It is OK as long as everyone is considerate of each other. If you have a topo you could kind of pre-plan areas to hunt. That away no one area is overlooked. It sounds like plenty of preparation is being taken so I am sure you will all have a good time.

Good luck hunting
Glen
Old 09-08-2004, 05:52 AM

Monocacy is listed at 1800 acres, if 10 people go thats 180 acres per man. I dont think we will be to close together, there is plenty of room to spread out. I can come up for some scouting this weekend, I can prob swing it on either Sat or Sun evening.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does anyone have directions on how to get there exactly. I will be coming from Lancaster Pa so I will be using I-83 south into Maryland, but there are so many Monocacy's on mapquest I'm not sure which one it is.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:06 AM

If you come down 83 you have to get on 695 to rt70 which takes you right into Frederick, it may be quicker to take rt 30 into Gettysburg and then take rt 15 down. Here is the mapquest link directly to the hunting area, the parking lot is right where it says Furnace Ford in the middle of the map. If you have more questions send me a PM and I give you more details.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...rchtab=address
Old 09-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah if you want, you can hook up with me, If you come down through gettysburg you will be 10 min from my house, we could meet and you can ride with me.

mossy
Old 09-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mossy, I already sent you a pm but that sounds like a good idea. So what is the final word on the scout trip so I know if I can make it or not. Saturday is out for me because of a family reunion.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish I could go scouting this weekend, but I have to work sunday morning

Quick Reply: MD Hunt Final Preperation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.