Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DREAM SEASON

Old 08-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default DREAM SEASON

I just caught the last half of the show this AM as I was leaving for work. Team Pa shot a nice buck, but it was smaller and younger. The hunter was very happy, but it appeared he had to explain himself to the others and that killing a younger/smaller deer was frowned upon by some.

Am I missing something here? It was almost like some were sickened and some were laughing at him.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: DREAM SEASON

The name of the game on Dream Season is catching BIG bucks on film. The drury's are notorious for their age based selective hunting. The other contestants may have beenexpecting a lashing from the brothers....
Old 08-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

What did the Drury's do about the drunk on the show. I missed the episode what happened?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

The name of the game on Dream Season is catching BIG bucks on film. The drury's are notorious for their age based selective hunting. The other contestants may have beenexpecting a lashing from the brothers....
OK. So they have a rule on shooting smaller bucks?

Old 08-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

i thought that they thought the outfitters would be mad at them, not as much the drury bros. one team basically said 'screw them, it's a trophy to me'. i liked that attitude.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

one team basically said 'screw them, it's a trophy to me'. i liked that attitude.
Me too.It was nice to see IMO.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that the guy that owns the land is managing it for monster bucks and wasn't to happy about them killing the smaller bucks. His land His rules. The preview for next week show them getting told not to shoot the smaller bucks but they said that someone does anyway so I can't wait to see what happens to that person.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:55 AM
BDC
Fork Horn

As with any sport the higher the score determines who wins.

Deer hunting as a sport is no exception...the older the deer typically the better it will "score" on the boone and crocket or pope and young charts.

I like the guys attitude.

I remember here in WV, if someone killed a deer, buck or doe, with a bow it was exciting. Now everyone is a "professional". Anything less than an eight point with under 16" spread is an embarressment.

BDC
Old 08-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

I'm glad they stood up to 'em... but you can only thumb your nose at a show's producers so much before getting kicked off...

Although they may be using it for ratings... conflict boosts ratings...
Old 08-10-2006, 10:04 AM

I think the team screwed up, they are hunting on a property that is under strict management. If i was the owner i would be very upset. Dumb decision on that teams part.

BTW, the drurys DREAM SEASON isnt undera points system. Its wasnt that they said it was an embarresment the guy was MANAGING this property for old big deer. They were upset because of that, they never said the guy was an embaressment. Get your facts straight

Quick Reply: DREAM SEASON

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.