Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DEC has it figured out!! >

DEC has it figured out!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DEC has it figured out!!

Old 04-06-2004, 11:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: DEC has it figured out!!

works for me atlas. Hey do you have a biology degree? How did you come up with that you lonely tree climber.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

like i said originally alloutdoors, should have stopped when the stopping was possible.
I know it's hard to but sometimes you just got to walk away.
We are always going to have differences of opinion - most of the time we can have decent conversations/discussions on these interesting topice, but this one has digresses too far and the same dead horse is being beaten.
All I know is that I am glad I am ALWAYS right!!!!!

I think I will follow my original advice and STOP.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

All I know is that I am glad I am ALWAYS right!!!!!
Old 04-06-2004, 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: doughboysigep

They could institute a statewode QDM program if they felt that is what the public wanted, but trust me, the public doesn't (look at the antler restriction issue in PA and multiply that by 10 for QDM regs)
Then why don't they do what the public DOES want?? The general hunting public in NY right now does not care about chasing bone around the woods or getting into a stupid book. What they want is to be able to take their son/daughter into the woods and show them the excitement of hunting and seeing deer in the wild.........not sit in a stand for 8 hours a day/5 days a week and only see a few chipmunks and squirrels. They want to use their vacation time for opening week and spend a few days with family and friends at a cabin away from sidewalks and street lights and see a few deer along the way. They want something on the pole at the end of the week and a few stories to last them until next year.

Is that so hard to understand??
Old 04-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

damn, cant do it (stop that is)

How about having to mail in all unused tags at the end of the year. Check the number of used tags vs the number of ones called in and you will see who didn't call in their kills. Inact penalties for not calling in kills like no doe permits next year and you will see the phones ring off the wall.
not bad ideas, however - you know how many people complian about license fees and the costs of hunting?? (a lot) - do u thiunk those people will "waste" $.37 on mailing the unused tags?? (maybe self addressed stamped envelope?)

and

how in the world are you going to monitor those calling and those not calling although I like the idea of doe tag penalties or even doe tag rewards (preferences) for those complying with these hypothetcal regs
Old 04-06-2004, 11:25 AM

Atlasman- As I continue to read all your posts it is blatantly apparent that you are in fact a spin doctor. Again, you prove my point and show that there is not room for accountability in your world. You continuously blame others for your lack of understanding in these matters and blatant disregard for founded knowledge. In your world everything is obviously black and white. To twist words in the fashion you have is wonderful. Have you ever considered a career in used cars? I have had far more success getting walls to think about things. Instead of considering the possibilities and what you can do to help the situation you come on a public forum cry, whine and point fingers. My suggestion to you is to stop hunting if you are so dissatisfied. Apparently, you are unwilling to take matters further on your own and refuse to understand any additional concepts. There is much to be said about those who require instant of self gratification above all else. Just because the DEC is not living up to your standards does by no means they have failed in the management. You are better off not wasting your money on a license and taking up golf.

I find it ironic how you use my example of co-ops to prove your own point where its people like you that make them necessary. Co-ops and QDM lands have been formed so that hunters can choose their own destiny not because the DEC was doing a poor job but because hunters were slobs and not doing theirs either in harvest or voicing their opinions. We are forced to manage the hunters more often than the game and this can only be accomplished through pushing the bad apples out. People like you are the reason why we have to spend tens of thousands of dollars each year to lease and buy land so we can have a group that understands the process and deer biology as a whole. Like I said before, DEC can’t do everything for you, just the same as any other governing party. You just seem to be too short sighted to realize that. I have a justifiable answer to every single one of your questions however, I choose not to waste my time answering as your mind is already made up and there is no room for additional thought on these matters. Obviously, we could go back and fourth like this til we are both blue in the face. However, the difference between you and I is I look at your subject matter objectively and with an open mind where you only go on the defensive, point fingers and state how everyone else is wrong. Like others have said, if you have a better system let someone know about it. Otherwise, please do not burden us with your lack of knowledge and mind boggling posts any longer. You have yet to provide one specific point that is not based on someone else’s posts.

Good luck to you this fall. I offer you this; if you would like to, I would be happy to share my knowledge with you regarding these matters. I am even willing to invite you to my land despite your crass towards me and my associates to see how we do what we do to manage our habitat, hunters and game. I can even get you face time with DEC official to explain your feelings if you would like. That is a sincere offer and I truly mean it. I believe that sometimes the only way to get people to see eye to eye is to look into their eyes and talk face to face. My offer stands, but I am sure you will negate it in some way. TGK
Old 04-06-2004, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

works for me atlas. Hey do you have a biology degree? How did you come up with that you lonely tree climber.

Yes........but sadly it's in human biology........I feel so dumb
Old 04-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Like others have said, if you have a better system let someone know about it.
I think he already came up with a great system.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: doughboysigep

not bad ideas
Of course not........it didn't come from the DEC Us slow witted tree climbers aren't TOTALLY useless

however - you know how many people complian about license fees and the costs of hunting?? (a lot) - do u thiunk those people will "waste" $.37 on mailing the unused tags?? (maybe self addressed stamped envelope?)
You said yourself that we need to be proactive right??........suck it up and get a stamp. The self addressed stamped envelope is nice but you have a better chance of getting hunter's to foot the bill then the state. They could add the 37 cents into the license fees and not even make it an option........or just say if you don't mail in your tags you don't get a license next year. How about a turn in at license outlets for those unwilling to pay for a stamp??

how in the world are you going to monitor those calling and those not calling
Easy......any unreturned tag should have been called in........check to see if it was and if not that hunter is responsible for it and that's that.

although I like the idea of doe tag penalties or even doe tag rewards (preferences) for those complying with these hypothetcal regs

People will seldom do something if they have nothing to gain or lose personally......that is why the DECALS system is so ripe for abuse.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

- do u thiunk those people will "waste" $.37 on mailing the unused tags??
not a bad price to pay for doe tags the following year.

how in the world are you going to monitor those calling and those not calling
I think this system could work. Example:
tag #21 (Joe Blow) was issued 5 doe tags
tag #21 (Joe Blow)has called in 2 deer
tag #21 (Joe Blow) had better mail in 3 unused tags or Joe doesn't receive any the next season. A letter with a deadline as a reminder maybe? Take all the mailed in unused tags and all the called in deer mix in some percentage errors either way and arrive at what I think could be a more accurate assesment.

Quick Reply: DEC has it figured out!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.