Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DEC has it figured out!! >

DEC has it figured out!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DEC has it figured out!!

Old 04-06-2004, 11:40 AM

Default RE: DEC has it figured out!!

Atlas- you make a very good point about mailing unused tags in. I really like that idea. I believe it would create a system of Accountability...

NYB- Was not really refering to you. I know you do a lot to make changes. Maybe it is time for you to get some "face time" with officials. I don't know what to say besides but I'm sorry that you have to deal with that $h1T on both ends. Giving up is not the answer though. My mother always said to me that the "squeeky wheel always gets the greese" Maybe that will be the case... HOPEFULLY for you. I encourage you to keep persuning these issues...
Old 04-06-2004, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: osiris

Again, you prove my point and show that there is not room for accountability in your world.
WHAT???.........I DEMAND accountability. Do your job and do it right or get lost and let someone else do it.

Your logic of the DEC sucks so we have to pick up their slack is mindboggling. Who else out there gets this free pass at work??

I have had far more success getting walls to think about things. Instead of considering the possibilities and what you can do to help the situation you come on a public forum cry, whine and point fingers.
I offered a solution............and what exactly don't I think about?? Browse, habitat and enviornment?? Jesus H man........the DEC doesn't do my job for me why the heck should I be expected to do theirs?? I do my part, I encourage others to do theirs, I offer helpful solutions and real life experiences from the state lands in hopes of helping develope a better working system........What else do you want me to do?? The captain of this ship is driving it right into the rocks and until that changes we can only do so much to stop it........especially when you are faced with an organization that is very unreceptive to outside input.

My suggestion to you is to stop hunting if you are so dissatisfied.
Are you out of your mind??.......I am trying to save hunting because I love it so much that I want my kids and their kids to enjoy the same pleasures that a life in the woods offers. I don't want my kids hanging out on the street corners.......I want them in a treestand, holding a bow......not a XBOX controller.

Why not fix the problem instead of saying "If you don't like it leave" What are you gonna do if everyone takes your advice and does leave?? Would that really make you happy?? I myself prefer to not only keep the current hunters we have but to make the lifestyle attractive to others and their kids so it continues to thrive long after I am gone.

You are better off not wasting your money on a license and taking up golf.
What an absolute horrific statement to make to another hunter. [:'(]

I find it ironic how you use my example of co-ops to prove your own point where its people like you that make them necessary. Co-ops and QDM lands have been formed so that hunters can choose their own destiny not because the DEC was doing a poor job but because hunters were slobs and not doing theirs either in harvest or voicing their opinions.
Are you saying I am a slob hunter??

We are forced to manage the hunters more often than the game and this can only be accomplished through pushing the bad apples out. People like you are the reason why we have to spend tens of thousands of dollars each year to lease and buy land so we can have a group that understands the process and deer biology as a whole.
You are a scarey person pretending to be on our side. Push the bad apples out......people like you??.........Take off your hood and ease up babe. What's next??........goosestepping in line with our right arms out and little square stashes??

Like I said before, DEC can’t do everything for you, just the same as any other governing party.
and what do you do with any governing party that isn't doing a good job?? Get other people in their that will.

Like others have said, if you have a better system let someone know about it.
Already did that.

Good luck to you this fall. I offer you this; if you would like to, I would be happy to share my knowledge with you regarding these matters. I am even willing to invite you to my land despite your crass towards me and my associates to see how we do what we do to manage our habitat, hunters and game. I can even get you face time with DEC official to explain your feelings if you would like. That is a sincere offer and I truly mean it. I believe that sometimes the only way to get people to see eye to eye is to look into their eyes and talk face to face. My offer stands, but I am sure you will negate it in some way. TGK

It is amazing to me how you guys post..............you call me a slob hunter, a bad apple that needs to be pushed out, and refer to me as "people like you"........then attack me 10 more different ways only to finish by saying you want me to come hang with you (pun intended) so you can re-educate me properly.

Then you point out that any refusal by me to accept such a kind hearted, warm welcome is due to my desire to remain closed minded.

WOW
Old 04-06-2004, 12:03 PM

Osiris,

I have read a few of your posts and you seem like a nice enough guy. I am going to leave you an opening to apologize for your last post because it was EXTREMELY offensive and had a much too personal tone to it.

If that is not how you intended it please let me know because I really hope that is not how you feel towards other hunters.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:20 PM

Wow- you twisted that one good too.

Listen, all I am saying is open your mind and let your vioce be heard. You can take my posts however you want. You can use my quotes however, you want. Against me for your self, whatever. You can even see me as Nazi scum if that is how you feel. I am just trying to get you to see things from another side, as were you. Agian I state the difference between you and I is I look at what you say and it makes me think. I question whether you even ponder on what I have to say. You doubt my creidbility, where I understand yours. I appologize if you are offended but what I said but I am too with the manner in which you twist my words. Overall, I believe it is very hard to communicate via the net but that is not license to close your mind.

Regarding my offer, it still stands and my point was that maybe you do need to reeducate yourself. I am always learning. You have tought me a lot here with this debate. Take it for what it is worth. But maybe now is the time to take a look from a different anlge versus being so neagtive. You apparently, don't have any solutions, so look at it from another direction. I never told you to deal with anything. I told you to make changes by whatever means possible. That point is clear as day. You do what you do and I will do what I do. Again, good luck to you. TGK
Old 04-06-2004, 12:21 PM

Also, I never called you a slob hunter you infered that. I was saying the problem was slob hunters. TGK
Old 04-06-2004, 12:44 PM

think this system could work. Example:
tag #21 (Joe Blow) was issued 5 doe tags
tag #21 (Joe Blow)has called in 2 deer
tag #21 (Joe Blow) had better mail in 3 unused tags or Joe doesn't receive any the next season. A letter with a deadline as a reminder maybe? Take all the mailed in unused tags and all the called in deer mix in some percentage errors either way and arrive at what I think could be a more accurate assesment.
see its issues like this that we as hunters need to stand together and find a way to make changes.. insted of taking all this negative energy and useing it againist eachother, we should focus on getting these things changed for the positive, I have no bad feelings towards anyone in this descussion, everyone is intitled to his or her own opinons and we all have our views, and reasons why we feel the way we do. But the bottom line is we need to do something to help make these changes happen..

NYbowhunter, I apologize if I offended you with the pointing fingers remark that was not directed towards anyone in this post, It was ment in a general statement, I to have had similer dealings with econ, But I still tyr to do what I can, and I will still do what is nessacery for me to do. I agree with both side's of this subject to a certian degree, some of the things the DEC does I dont understand how or why they do it, but If I can find a way to help I certianly will, I think this topic is gotten way out of hand, insted of banding together to try to get these issues fix people are just insulting eachother and turing this into a giant pissing match. I only hope at the end we all can see eye to eye and understand that we are all on the same side, just with different opinons of how things should work...
Old 04-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Like I said 2 pages ago,starting to sound like Pa guys on Ar.Lets let it go and hope everyone in state legistature let's it go also
Old 04-06-2004, 01:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-06-2004, 01:35 PM

Agreed

Quick Reply: DEC has it figured out!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.