Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DEC has it figured out!! >

DEC has it figured out!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DEC has it figured out!!

Old 04-06-2004, 03:23 PM

Default RE: DEC has it figured out!!

ORIGINAL: osiris

Wow- you twisted that one good too.
It's not twisting anything......they are the words you used and the meaning I got from the context you used them in. I am not trying to make you sound like you are saying something you are not. That is really the way your post reads.

Listen, all I am saying is open your mind and let your vioce be heard.
Why do you say I have a closed mind???.....because I don't agree with you?

You can take my posts however you want. You can use my quotes however, you want. Against me for your self, whatever. You can even see me as Nazi scum if that is how you feel.
Just trying to get you to understand how your comments appear to an outside reader. We cannot read your mind......only what you type. Read some of the stuff you posted and try and put yourself in someone elses shoes that doesn't know "what you really meant"

I question whether you even ponder on what I have to say.
That's too bad because it isn't true.

You doubt my creidbility, where I understand yours.
I don't ever remember doubting your credibility........I listen to all people.......degree or no degree and anyone with experience in the woods has my attention.....whether they keep it or not depends on what happens next.

I appologize if you are offended but what I said but I am too with the manner in which you twist my words. Overall, I believe it is very hard to communicate via the net but that is not license to close your mind.
I think an apology is in there somewhere so it's cool

You apparently, don't have any solutions, so look at it from another direction.

I think I do.....I've mentioned one here and have many more ideas on ways to improve the current system.

The major obstacle lies in the DEC not thinking there even is a problem. They don't want to hear solutions to problems they don't acknowledge exist.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: osiris

Also, I never called you a slob hunter you infered that. I was saying the problem was slob hunters. TGK

I guess the "people like me" comment threw me off
Old 04-06-2004, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: alloutdoors

However, the "problem" that you are trying to fix with this only exists in your mind. You have said that you don't think the DEC gets an accurate harvest count because of some hunters not reporting their kill.
I have said that is ONE of the things I believe is involved in a poorly accurate view of our herd.......the DEC seems to think everything is fine and the herd is growing each and every year despite every hunter over age 20 will tell you that the woods do not hold the numbers of deer they did years ago........So where are they?? The DEC says we should be swimming in them and yet ask any hunter out there and they will tell you the numbers are not even what they were years ago..........let alone more. This is a major problem at the DEC.....it's like watching an alcoholic who doesn't know he has a drinking problem. Personally I think it is time for an intervention

On top of that, the cost to implement such a program would be astronomical.
Why is it so much more money?? You could eliminate all those visits the officers have to make to processors and keep them in a warm building counting tags instead. If they would get the bar code reader working then you can vastly improve productivity.

You are also short sighting the impact of what I am proposing........you are not considering what effect it could have on other things. All the hunters that fail to report kills will not be able to get doe permits the following year, which will leave more does alive and lead to more deer in the herd. If 20,000 people don't report a kill and none get to kill a doe next year that could mean 60,000 more deer for next season.

Here's a question for you, in some states it is mandatory that all deer are taken to a state run check station...
Used to be mandatory in NY.........did you not know that??

Too easy to get around and near impossible to predict it's true effectiveness.........unless penalties were severe which will never happen.

What is the difference between making everyone stop at a check station and making them all mail in their unused tags?? I think my way is easier and more effective.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

can you guess who I am??

(quote)

blah blah blah

(quote)

blah blah blah

(quote)

blah blah blah

(quote)

blah blah blah

(quote)

blah blah blah

(quote)

blah blah blah

(quote)

blah blah blah

I even agree a little and he is all over me, give me a break
Old 04-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 04-06-2004, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: doughboysigep

can you guess who I am??

(quote)

blah blah blah

(quote)

blah blah blah

(quote)

blah blah blah

(quote)

blah blah blah

(quote)

blah blah blah

(quote)

blah blah blah

(quote)

blah blah blah

I even agree a little and he is all over me, give me a break

Is it wrong to use quotes so people don't have to flip back and search pages to find out what I'm talking about??

Little childish IMO
Old 04-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

pretty sure that's what that feature is here for. Of course we're not all as educated as others.[:-]
Old 04-06-2004, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: alloutdoors

Atlas- for a guy who is so concerned about the accuracy of the data being collected I can't believe you would suggest eliminating the processor visits. If you do that please tell me how the DEC is supposed to collect any biological data from the harvested deer?
What bio data are you referring to??

Also, it seems your main goal may just be to "punish" the people who aren't reporting in the hopes that you are going to reduce the number of deer harvested by not giving them tags the next year.
My goal is a healthy plentiful deer herd for everyone to enjoy. I want to see the deer numbers rebound to what they were years ago. The tag penalty is just one of many ways to help achieve this goal.

Why are you only talking about taking away their doe tags BTW? If you want to punish them shouldn't you take away all their tags? Either way... bad idea... NEWS FLASH... The last thing we need is to start reducing doe take.
Taking away all tags could be for multiple offenses........I don't want to start a police state, just improve the deer count and make hunters a vital part of that. The last thing we need to do is take more does would be a correct statement if we didn't have a numbers problem and were just concerned with over all health and vitality of the herd. The best way to raise the numbers of the herd is to ease off the does for a little while. Every doe killed is 2-3 deer that won't be around next year.

I'm sorry that YOU aren't seeing as many deer as you think you should, hell I'm even starting to think that maybe the deer in your area actually are on the decline... It wouldn't surprise me if all the hot air that you are spewing out has drastically altered the climate in your area, place might just not be able to sustain life anymore.
You see........this little paragraph is exactly why your credibilty is near zero.

First of all if it was just me then there wouldn't be a problem. Wake up and realize that my exact words are being spoken by a very large percentage of hunters out there in NY today. The sooner you realize this the better off everyone will be. Keeping your head in the sand seems to be your answer instead.

Your personal insults, lack of anything substantial, refusal to answer questions, arrogance, dismissal of others as stupid, lies about what others have said, degree snobbing, "I'm better and smarter then all you" attitude..........and most of all your hypocrisy are so evident in all your posting that you can't hide it if you tried.

You come down on everyone immediately for having the balls to dare to question the almighty DEC and then you conduct yourself like this?? If you have proven nothing else.......at least we all got a good look at the attitudes a DEC worker has towards hunters in general.

Bravo

Are you ever gonna tell us what you do at the DEC??......probably not.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm sorry that YOU aren't seeing as many deer as you think you should, hell I'm even starting to think that maybe the deer in your area actually are on the decline... It wouldn't surprise me if all the hot air that you are spewing out has drastically altered the climate in your area, place might just not be able to sustain life anymore.

You are a comedian aren't you? You are a great representation of the DEC bro!! Keep up the good work the state is in good hands I am reassured of that now.

Do you have a superiority complex??

Quick Reply: DEC has it figured out!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.