Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DEC has it figured out!! >

DEC has it figured out!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DEC has it figured out!!

Old 04-05-2004, 10:04 AM

Default RE: DEC has it figured out!!

Gang, you know what the chances are of this actually passing?

Zero.

That's right. Why? Assemblyman Crouch is a Republican, in a house of the NYS Legislature which is dominated by Democrats. Right around 2:1, if I remember correctly. Unless Assemblyman Crouch gets a Democratic sponsor for his bill, it will never see the light of day.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

well that may be true and I hope to God it is muddyemm. But, it's pretty darn scary that it has gone as far as legislation. Too close for me.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ya know I think I'll give our friends at the regional office a call right now. I want to see just how hard it is and to what degree these "inspections" exist. I'm going to see if I can apply for nuisance tags for my golf course. Not that I'll ever go through with it or use them, but I want to see what the deal is. I'll keep you posted.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:18 AM

It's piss poor management of our deer herd by an incompetent DEC. If they had done their jobs properly those days would not be such a distant memory to older hunters and strictly folklore to younger ones.
[quote]

sitting here reading all this stuff about the DEC and their piss poor deer management, leads me to ask this one question, what have you done to proberly manage the deer heard? Its not only the DEC 's job, its our job as well, some people are so quick to point fingers with out knowing the facts or the process involved in deer management, I will agree the deer harvest is down but I don't know the stats, and I wont claim to know what the cause is, but I will say as hunters we need to get involved, we have to stop whinning about it and find out what we can do to help get the numbers back up, where I hunt the deer numbers look the same for the last three years, (seeing deer). some areas are going to be different, in the Adirondecks you could hunt for days and not see more than a few deer, the heard is there its just spread over more area, deer travel plain and simple. If they cant get food in one area they move. just cuse I get 5 tags doesn't mean I have to use them, if you think the heards are down don't harvest any deer, if you dont like the way the DEC is doing their job write to your local DEC office find out what you can do to help, but I figure its probly just easyer to point fingers.. we hunt so it should be our responsabilaty as well..
Old 04-05-2004, 10:21 AM

Ok I put the quote the wrong way, in the quote box is how I feel, I hate computers..
Old 04-05-2004, 10:26 AM

maybe you guys hould spend less time argueing in these forums and more time argueing a battle that matters such as anti-hunters who would go crazy if they heard of this proposed year round season.

As for the original question i think a year round season would be a crazy idea. If you could hunt all year it would ruin my falls(remeber the time you are supposed to hunt deer)
Old 04-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

well said alloutdoors

if any of you know farmers that have had their crops ruined by deer or if you are a farmer yourself, you might be a little more sympathetic to the whole nuscence permits. I work with farmers and they do sometimes apply and sometimes get a few tags and use them. most of the times they would like more. and most of the time they have similar deer problems next year. oh, and they hunt the heck out of them in the regular season.
they are needed and many cases.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

not again NYB
Old 04-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care about their validity.......you however have said that it is the basic formula that they use to cover the entire herd. I find that VERY prone to errors and full of guesstimating. I have also asked you a bunch of questions that would help clarify the vagueness of this subject.
if you know so much about population dynamics, propose a better way to "estimate" (because that's all it is) the deer herd in NY
Old 04-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Respectfully disagreement is not deserved by the DEC. This has been going on for years and years and they continue to not only do nothing to correct the situation but they also put forth ideas that only will make matters worse. I treat them exactly how I feel they treat NY hunters........When deer numbers are obviously down and they try and get everyone to believe year after year that their are more deer out there then ever.........that is the same as calling us idiots........because you would have to be one to believe that.
It's really how you come off. Anyone without a wildlife ranger patch on his sleeve has no right to question the almighty DEC.........no matter how bad things seem in the field
What??.......that they are wanna be cops?? Just giving you my impression of 99% of them I have met. As soon as I stop meeting wanna be cops dressed in green I will let you know.
is that axe ground off yet??? seems to me that you may have some personal issues with the DEC (or govt. agencies in general)?? just a guess?

Quick Reply: DEC has it figured out!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.