Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DEC has it figured out!! >

DEC has it figured out!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DEC has it figured out!!

Old 04-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-05-2004, 12:06 AM

Default RE: DEC has it figured out!!

ORIGINAL: alloutdoors

I've explained twice that the numbers I gave above were strictly hypothetical and yet you still continue to argue their statistical validity...
I don't care about their validity.......you however have said that it is the basic formula that they use to cover the entire herd. I find that VERY prone to errors and full of guesstimating. I have also asked you a bunch of questions that would help clarify the vagueness of this subject.

WTF. It's funny that you would try and criticize the DEC for not having an accurate idea how many deer are out there... when you obviously don't have any clue how the numbers are attained in the first place.
Why is that funny?? Once again your attitude of "If your not inside the circle.......you can't have an opinion" shows through bright and clear.

That's really not the attitude I have.
It's really how you come off. Anyone without a wildlife ranger patch on his sleeve has no right to question the almighty DEC.........no matter how bad things seem in the field.

The only point I have been trying to make is that the people at DEC are qualified professionals.
What does that mean really?? Who cares?? I'm sure they are all qualified on paper to do the job that they have........on paper. The real world is a much different thing and just because you sit in a classroom and memorize stuff for a test doesn't mean you have ALL the skills to plan, assess, and develope a states deer herd. You have to be able to adapt to a very dynamic world and stay one step ahead of the game or you get left behind. IMO the NYDEC got left behind a long time ago and they have been unsucessfully trying to catch up ever since.

The fact that you want to paint them all as ignorant and incompetent only shows your own ignorance. If you want to respectfully disagree that is one thing, but simply trying to put down your "opponent" by calling them an idiot is childish.
Respectfully disagreement is not deserved by the DEC. This has been going on for years and years and they continue to not only do nothing to correct the situation but they also put forth ideas that only will make matters worse. I treat them exactly how I feel they treat NY hunters........When deer numbers are obviously down and they try and get everyone to believe year after year that their are more deer out there then ever.........that is the same as calling us idiots........because you would have to be one to believe that.

On top of that your comments about conservation officers are not only incredibly ignorant, but quite offensive.
What??.......that they are wanna be cops?? Just giving you my impression of 99% of them I have met. As soon as I stop meeting wanna be cops dressed in green I will let you know.

Not just to ECO's but to all law enforcement officers, not to mention to anyone who has lost a friend or relative in the line of duty.
You're joking right? You can't even hide your desperation to be considered part of that team I'm sure everyone on the NYPD sees DEC officers as equals

I'd hate to see what it's like when they aren't so scarce... can't beat the damn things of with a stick as it is now.
Even more comforting knowing a DEC guy thinks the whole state is the same as his own hunting spot [:'(]

No wonder we are in this mess.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:20 AM

ORIGINAL: BuckAlley

But regardless its the only system we have in the state. So we need to make the best of it.
Agreed.......and I don't think standing around twidling our thumbs while they run the herd into the ground is the way to do that.

Atlasman if you don't like the system the DEC uses, then why do you even bother to purchase a hunting license, heck why not just go poach your deer while your at it.
What does that even mean?? DEC......Love it or leave it?? The entire foundation of a democracy is to change things for the better by placing responsible people in roles of leadership to keep things moving in a positive direction. Change is brought about by discussion of problems and well planned solutions.......not sitting around doing nothing just hoping things will get better on their own. I don't even know what you meant by the poaching comment.

You obviously expect the DEC system to be perfect, but yet you, and your buddies do little to help contribute to the system by not calling in your harvests.
Get you facts straight before spouting off. I said I know people that don't call in. I and my whole family call in EVERY deer we kill. All the other guys are adults and I tell them every chance I get that what they do is stupid but I can't force them to call.

So all I can say if you don't think the system works, its partially do to NO EFFORT by yourself, and friends. So give yourself a big pat on the back there! I certainly appreciate your honesty for the future herd. So lets just complain about the system, but do nothing to help it. RIGHT!
Once again you are confused.......go back and read the thread again and maybe it will make sense this time around

On the other hand I do agree our deer populations are way down. The DEC has worked for the last several yrs to purposely lower the population.
That is the bottom line.

Sure I'd like to see 20 deer go by in a herd. But those days are gone.
Exactly........but why?? You are just so willing to accept that "those days are gone" like it was some natural cycle of nature or something........it isn't. It's piss poor management of our deer herd by an incompetent DEC. If they had done their jobs properly those days would not be such a distant memory to older hunters and strictly folklore to younger ones. The DEC wants the deer herd down........period. That is why it is down.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:24 AM

ORIGINAL: BuckAlley

I'd also like to comment on Encon Ofcr's, seeing they got bashed in this forum. Encon has to learn more laws then your normal police ofcr. Encon has to know Penal, Criminal Procedure, and 2 thick volumes of Conservation law. 1 Conservation law book is more then twice the size of our NYS penal law. On top of that Encon are considered to have the most dangerous job of all law enforcement personal in NYS. Encon is almost always dealing with persons having firearms, and knives. Encon also does assist State Troopers with their duties. So before you go knocking our law enforcement persons, consider what they go through.

I'm sure they are all swell guys who studied really hard. It doesn't change my observations and experiences with them. I never intended my comments to be bashing of DEC officers........just a general observation..........I think it touched a nerve because it hit close to home.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:42 AM

ORIGINAL: alloutdoors

the tags are issued with the knowledge that only a % of them will actually be filled.

That is such a lame answer it's laughable. The tags are issued in hopes that they WILL be filled........the fact that only a certain % actually do get filled is the DEC falling short of it's goals.

The only logical reason to give more tags is that you want more deer killed. Hunter's can't kill more deer without more tags.

If they know that people are never gonna fill 5-7 tags then why are they wasting all the resources that go into figuring out and distributing all those useless tags??

Gee, I wonder if pumping up herd numbers to make guys think they can fill that many tags each year so they spend the extra money on a super sportsman has anything to do with it??

Old 04-05-2004, 01:15 AM
Typical Buck

You guys are starting to sound like the Pa. guys[:-]
Old 04-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gee, I wonder if pumping up herd numbers to make guys think they can fill that many tags each year so they spend the extra money on a super sportsman has anything to do with it??
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm E=MC2 gee call me crazy, but I think that just may have something to do with it.[:-]

. I think if everyone shot their 5 deer each year that would cause problems.
why risk "problems"??
Old 04-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'd buy the super sportsmens anyway. Because I use it.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-05-2004, 10:02 AM

If it's not possible to even come close to filling the tags then why give them all out??

Oh yea I forgot

$$$$$$

Wonder what they do with all that extra money..........I also wonder if alloutdoors plans on ever answering ANY of my questions about the accuracy of these processor visits???

Quick Reply: DEC has it figured out!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.