Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 What the heck happened to the DE rut? >

What the heck happened to the DE rut?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What the heck happened to the DE rut?

Old 11-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default What the heck happened to the DE rut?

On opening day of Delaware shotgun, there was deer all over my lease. My wife and I both got a nice deer that night. Mine came from sneaking up on 2 bucks fighting, she got a big doe from a stand. My 10yr son also got his first deer on monday, a little six piont. Then it was like the deer were just scooped off the planet! I don' t think it was pressure cause we did not shoot more than 3 times.Just one question..did you all see the same thing? I know the weather had somthing to do with it but now I' m wondering if the main rut is still on it' s way. What ya' ll think?

DJ
Old 11-24-2003, 05:19 PM

Default RE: What the heck happened to the DE rut?

well, there are a number of factors. the gunning is overrated. duck season brings alot of booming out there. the weather is the main culprit and u sometimes have a let down. watch out next week. the 2nd and 3rd week of december can be exciting too...everyone has given up by then.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:46 PM

This year we had the least amount of shooting on the farms around where I hunt ever. When the rut got going during late Oct early Nov, I saw deer every night on my leased place. Come the Shotgun Opener, its like they all disappeared. They didnt get killed because like I said, there was 0 shooting the first 2 days of the season. Its like a UFO came and carried them off. The warm weather that hit later in the week didnt help either. I keep telling myself that at least this will give me a chance later in the season with bow and gun, but the way things have been going,,,, i might be just fooling myself. [:' (]
Old 11-25-2003, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

I did go bow hunting last night and had a six come out and hang for a while. After eating he got to sniffin the ground and took off into the pines. I' m hopin that is was after a doe scent but could be just hopin too much.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:59 AM

THEYRE STILL RUTTING. IT IS SUPPOSED TO GET COLD AGAIN THIS WEEK. I WILL BE IN THE WOODS ALLDAY EVERYDAY THIS WHOLE WEEK. IM FROM SJ AND IT IS THE SAME HERE BUT I THINK THE WEATHER IS HAVING EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT. THEYRE PROBABLY AT THEYRE PEAK RIGHT NOW BUT WITH WARMER CONDITIONS THEY DONT HAVE TO MOVE AS MUCH. THEM BUCKS RATHER BE BANGIN THEN MOVIN IF THEY DONT HAVE TO.JMO