Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What the heck happened?  I am really confused! >

What the heck happened? I am really confused!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What the heck happened? I am really confused!

Old 11-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default What the heck happened? I am really confused!

Ok here is the deal. I was posted up on the edge of a field right before sunset.I saw 5 bucks that afternoon the biggest being a big split brow tine eleven point,but could not get them close enough for a shot. Anyway right before shooting light dissapeared I had a nice 7 or eight point come out in the field about 60 yards away. I grunted at him and he started walking directly at me, head on. I came to full draw and he stopped at about 25 yards away. He was slightly quartering and I knew that I had to shoot before it got to dark or he busted me. I aimed right behind his shoulder although it was almost a straight on shot. i let the arrow go and he jumped up and ran off about 30 yards and just stopped. Just then i heard a bubbling/hissing noise and figured it was his lung deflating. Suddenly he started making what sounded like a choking noise and he kept moving his head like crazy. He walked around in a 20 foot circle for 5 minutes and it looked like he was going to collapse, he looked to be limping. he kept making that same weird choking noise and moving his head back and fourth. He then slowly walked away and at 50 yards i could not see him anymore because it got to dark.I waited an hour and found my arrow. Here is where it gets weid. No blood on the arrow and no deer.I am so confused, this deer acted crazy I figured he was definitely hit. What do you guys think happened. I had to miss if there was no blood, right? Why would he act that way? Is there any spot like the neck or esophagus that would not leave blood? please help me.

thanks

Thanks
Old 11-27-2006, 04:46 PM

Default RE: What the heck happened? I am really confused!

I had to miss if there was no blood, right? Why would he act that way?
You know what......I had a response typed out, but nevermind.....You hit him to be sure.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

A straight on shot????? I hope you are ready to be torched!
Old 11-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I have to say is watch out for Atlasman.lol Wait I think I hear him comming now.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:50 PM

is it possible that the arrow hit him cock eyed, and maybe hit on the side of the arrow? follow me here, did you ever get the wind knocked out of you or hit in the throat, that`s about what that sounds like. as far as the hissing sound goes i`m stumped......
Old 11-27-2006, 04:54 PM

Did you inspect the arrow well? I mean check out the broadhead or thespace between the arrow shaft and the flecthing. It really sounds like you hit him but you have me stumped as well.

Check that arrow again and let us know.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Trust me I have passed up shots that are to far or are not good shots. remember i said he approached me straight on and then ended up quarteringat mea bit. This was a 25 yard shot and i am pretty dead on at 35 yards, and that is why i shot. Please do not torch me as I am truly a responsible hunter and i posted this for help on what to do at this point.

Thanks

Anyway, sounds crazy right.I checked for blood everywhere smelled the arrow even took a white tissue out and ran it up the whole arrow, nothing! No hair either. I cant even really search for him becausethere is no blood trail. We did a huge grid search but came up empty handed. This has really got me twisted.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:06 PM

Did this happen this evening?
Old 11-27-2006, 05:07 PM

I guess you didn't hit him then. Thats one heck of a coincidence though.

Does Jimmy Houston hunt in that area?
Old 11-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

No the night before last. Saturday night to be precise.I am thinking in a few days i can walk through the woods and try to smell him. if it was not small game season i would bring my dads Jack russel out there to find him.

I mean wouldnt a deer run away after being shot at, not to mention while he was walking around in the field I was pacing around on the phone with my brother in law. i though for sure he was dying, he really had trouble ven walking, his legs kept looking like they were giving out.

Crazy, crazy, crazy

Quick Reply: What the heck happened? I am really confused!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.