Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Hog Hunting on Public Land >

Hog Hunting on Public Land

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Hunting on Public Land

Old 11-14-2006, 06:32 PM

Default Hog Hunting on Public Land

What is the best way for an out of state hunter to take a hog not on a high fencearea in Oklahoma? Is the public land in Oklahoma loaded with hogs too?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hog Hunting on Public Land

If it is like North Texas, yea. We have lots of hogs here in North West Texas.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

This is my first year to hunt in Oklahoma and I have been out to Lexington WMA a couple of times for dove and a few for deer. I have also put in alot of time down at Altus-Lugert WMA and I still have not came across an sign of hogs. I know that Ft.Sill has a good hog population, if you are military or civil service you have access to hunt out there but you have to go through thier class so you dont get blasted from a tank....that would be a bad day in the woods. Hope that helps. If you find any hot spots drop me a line. In feb Ft. Sill is going to have a hog season, it should be a blast
Old 12-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've spent lots of time on several WMA's in oklahoma and there are a few that have decent hog populations. I've been hunting Lexington for a few years now and I don't think there are pigs on it... I've never seen a track one.

Canton WMA, Three Rivers, Black Kettle, Cherokee, and most of the areas in SW oklahoma have pigs. I would personally go to either Canton and hunt on the Canadian river, or I would go to Black Kettle on the Texas border.

There aren't as many hogs here yet, but they have had a huge explosion here in the last couple of years and are steadily making their way throughout the state. Most landowners are more than happy to let you kill pigs on their property.