Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 the seeking phase is on!!! >

the seeking phase is on!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

the seeking phase is on!!!

Old 10-27-2003, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default the seeking phase is on!!!

i have seen 3 different bucks chasing does today. the seeking phase has started. i am in zone 12 of NJ. i saw 2 eights and a six chasing does.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:00 AM

Default RE: the seeking phase is on!!!

Yup, I was out this morning and saw several bucks wandering around oblivious to everything except for the scent of a doe. This was zone 7 in NJ. Now is the time to be out there.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta love this time of year !
Old 10-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I HUNTED ALL DAY IN ZONE 4, SAW NO DEER AT ALL, NOT MUCH DEER SIGN. THIS AREA IS VAST, LOST OF HIDDING PLACES FOR THE DEER.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:50 AM
Spike

Same in zone 10. I saw a buck on Tuesday chasing a doe real hard. I had two others going nuts over estrus scent by my stand. They both were together walked away from me 50 yards, turned over the can twice, and they both came back. It was a nice day in the woods.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Was out yesterday in ZOne 2 and only saw 8 does/yearlings and no bucks. I didnt even see alot of sign for some reason. I put some scent out but it only seemed to make the does nervous. Oh well---this warm weather for the rest of the week may keep them down until things really heat up.

Bob
Old 10-29-2003, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

No my way to town last night there were deer allover the place even on a highway they dont normaly cross. Something has the deer in northern WV moveing around. Yepppppppppeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 12:48 PM

I snuck out of work yesterday to get some evening hunting in. About a half hour before dark a young doe pops out of the corn and right on her heals is a nice 6pt. Well I grunt at the 6pt he breaks off the doe and starts heading towards me, he has to cross a little fence and he is in shooting range. He got about 10ft from the fence, stopped looked to his left and started quartering backwards, in comes a big 8pt walking stiff legged ears pinned back....he back down the 6 pt and then chased him off. I grunted again and the 8pt came back but he never offered me a shot that I felt real comfortable with, by the time he came into range where I could get a clear shot it was so dark all I could see was the white of his antlers. I think things are definatly starting to heat up here in the northeast, now is the time to be in the woods.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Had the opportunity this evening to watch a big 10 pt. that just happend to be traveling with a doe from this area......he showed up several weeks ago. From what I observed this evening swollen neck, the inside of his rear legs and tarsels very dark from urine....not to mention they came in and went out of the area together makes me think that the next two weeks may be the primo time to bow hunt... atleast in my neck of the woods. Heck, I walked out on my porch to get a better look with the binocs and he did not budge! I whistled to get his attention to get an even better look at him....all he did was raise his head, look and go back to eating as did the doe. That is a great sign! Good Luck and Be Safe People.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]