Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

seeking advice

Old 01-24-2005, 03:57 PM

Default seeking advice

I do not know much about hunting, but am seeking advice or direction. My husband (this was his screen name) was a dedicated bow hunter. He was a level-headed, honest and a happy man. But one weekend he never returned from his bow hunting trip. Our family was distraut. The police have pretty much dropped the case, believing he just ran off. I know he would never do that to us. Have you heard of other disapperances such as this? Does anyone know of topics related to disapperances that I could research?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:17 PM

Default RE: seeking advice

Hello "bowshot"

I'm really troubled by this. Not knowing any more than what you say in your post. I can only ponder. You say he left "our family" I'm assuming there were children?? I don't see how a guy like you describe could just run off. How long ago was this ? Where at? What was the relationship between you and your husband and him and his children like? I can't help but think a fellow with a passion for bowhunting would be the kind of guy that would do something like that. Bowhunters usually have a good deal of self-control.
Not knowing more, I'd have to conclude that it sounds a little fishy. Good luck!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

welcome bowshot.........i am so sorry to hear about this.....i would devastated, you sound like you are a very strong woman, i wish i could help in your search...i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
there was a gentlemen that went out hunting around or on thanksgiving of this year, i believe it was at Greenswamp WMA here in florida....they stopped the search as well.....i , as many others have kept him and his family in our prayers.....
maybe if you told us more about the situation, the more likely someone may offer some good advice.......take care-Ma
Old 01-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

if you don't mind me asking, what part of the country did this happen?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:19 PM

First - I'm terribly sorry.

Have you thought about hiring a private investigator? There are all sorts of things he might do that could leave a trail like credit cards etc. Did the police look for this already? If he didn't leave a paper trail, and never turned up in a search party this really is a mystery.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowshot,I find that very intresting. Do you know what WMA he went hunting at? Did he go with anyone? How long has he been gone now? I was just curious and maybe it was none of my business. Good luck, Bobby
p.s. just one more thing, what about a vechilcle, did they ever recover it? I was just curious.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to here.More info ,a pic of him would help
Old 01-25-2005, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hook, line and sinker folks. Bobby
Old 01-25-2005, 10:04 AM

Hook, line and sinker folks. Bobby
I have a tendancy to agree.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is JUST WRONG[:@]

Quick Reply: seeking advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.