Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 WV prerut seeking going on yet? >

WV prerut seeking going on yet?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV prerut seeking going on yet?

Old 11-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default WV prerut seeking going on yet?

Anyone seeing any rut activitygoing on there yet?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WV prerut seeking going on yet?

ORIGINAL: DougMD

Anyone seeing any rut activitygoing on there yet?
Hey Doug..... not in Hardy Co, as of Sat..... no rubs, no scrapes....
Old 11-07-2005, 01:40 PM

Hunted Sat evening outside Grafton and saw a huge buck but never had a clear shot. It was early enough, 4:30 or so that he could have been seeking, and I did notice a few scrapes on my way in. Had a lunch meeting in Washington PA today. 45 min drive up I79 and I saw half a dozen bucks of 6 points or better out and about, including an eight pointer mounting a doe right there on the hillside just25 yards off the highway. I believe the ruthasstarted in SW PA and I'll be in a tree here in WV tomorrow morning. Let you know what I see.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd appreciate that mkieslinggop. Hey Rem100, thanks for the update. Keep with updates and I will too.

I did grunt in a four pointer a week and a half ago (third ever deer grunted in, and the other two were spikes) but don't shoot unless they have 6 or more points. Also, we did see some rubs, but not very many and no scrapes. If it ain't on in the next week or two, it should be on when rifle season comes in
Old 11-08-2005, 01:25 PM

Saw Bucks tending to scrapes, and will be moving my stand a little scloser to that scrape line. Saw a bunch of does this morning, but no bucks in tow. Watch a buck kind of parallel a doe at about 30 yards, but she stopped in a clearing for 10mins+ and gave him more than ample time to show some interest if there was a reason, but nothing yet. Should only be a matter of time. I'm guessing the weekend.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im in Morgan Co. and Ive seen some good scrapes and rubs this past Sat. This was in the Posey Hollow area. My bud is a cop and said there was a 400 bear killed this week on Sleepy Creek. Should be in paper next week.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:09 PM

Woke up this morning and it was thundering and lightning. Hot/muggy and thunderstorming this afternoon as well. Was bummed as I took the day off and planned on hunting. Am flying to Bostontomorrow, and will be back Sunday. Hoping the rut is hopping when I return to the woods Monday evening. Seen some good bucks and need to get a crack at them. Only two of us will be hunting this 75 acre property during rifle season, so I'mplanning on success the week after next as well.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:08 PM

yes
Old 11-13-2005, 08:17 PM

Better be in the woods yesterday!!! It is on
Old 11-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doug I hunted all last week and the deer are really starting to move alot. I10 deer 6 of which were bucks by my stand Saturday. That's more deer than I've seen all year long. I took a nice 7 point Saturday evening. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: WV prerut seeking going on yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.