Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Semi auto rifles in PA >

Semi auto rifles in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Semi auto rifles in PA

Old 02-28-2017, 03:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Out of all the deer I've shot and several bear, I've only needed a second shot on 2 deer (one of those was a finishing shot on a downed one). But I don't see any reason that a semi shouldn't be allowed. Yeah you will get the idiot that believes faster follow up shots will overcome his shooting ability. But I would really like to take a deer with my AR-10. It wouldn't be a regular thing though because that rifle is heavy compared to my Browning Micro Hunter or even my Marlin guide gun.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah both of my 10's are beasts as well. But they are both my long range hog guns for when I spot that odd Boar at 400 yards. I only use them when I am on a sit not walking around. Packing either one of those 14-15 pound monsters aint like it was when I was in the service. Or should I say IIIIIII aint what I was in the service...Gettin old sucks!!
Old 05-14-2017, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Most hunters are pretty sensible. But there is always a couple that may start spraying the woods with lead from a 30 round magazine while shooting at game.
And still miss the game animal.