Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Remington 1187 Super Magnum & Tactacam 4.0 Ready >

Remington 1187 Super Magnum & Tactacam 4.0 Ready

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Remington 1187 Super Magnum & Tactacam 4.0 Ready

Old 04-15-2017, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remington 1187 Super Magnum & Tactacam 4.0 Ready

Well I got it about a month ago with the gun mount being Spring Turkey season is upon us. The original gun mount was stripped, I called Tactacam and told them and they sent out without question a new gun mount, I had it within 3 days. I finally had free time yesterday to test the camera out and mount it on my Remington 1187 Super Magnum. So far this camera is great, I still have a few things to sort thru like using my cell phone with the camera. Only two things I think are negative about the camera but doesn't hurt performance:

1. It comes with a 8GB micro SD Card, but they recommend at least a 16GB or 32GB for long videos, so I had to buy one and I opted for the 32GB

2. You can't display the time, and date from the camera, but from what I read you can do so with your cellphone so that is something I have to sort out and learn to do

Other then that, the camera video is great as I tested it out yesterday on my front porch

I will purchase the bow mount this summer

here is the link to my test video

Well I got it about a month ago with the gun mount being Spring Turkey season is upon us. The original gun mount was stripped, I called Tactacam and told them and they sent out without question a new gun mount, I had it within 3 days. I finally had free time yesterday to test the camera out and mount it on my Remington 1187 Super Magnum. So far this camera is great, I still have a few things to sort thru like using my cell phone with the camera. Only two things I think are negative about the camera but doesn't hurt performance:

1. It comes with a 8GB micro SD Card, but they recommend at least a 16GB or 32GB for long videos, so I had to buy one and I opted for the 32GB

2. You can't display the time, and date from the camera, but from what I read you can do so with your cellphone so that is something I have to sort out and learn to do

Other then that, the camera video is great as I tested it out yesterday on my front porch

Attached Thumbnails Remington 1187 Super Magnum & Tactacam 4.0 Ready-post-55-0-48101500-1492193559.jpg  
Old 04-15-2017, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sitting on the front porch with a shotgun in NJ.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Took test video before mounting it to the shotgun
Old 04-16-2017, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
Took test video before mounting it to the shotgun
That thing takes Great video. I want one
Old 04-17-2017, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

worth it 110%
Old 05-15-2017, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If that Tactacam was mounted on my Rem 1187 last week it would of video me missing 2 Gobblers in the span of a hour up Suskie county way. Boy that was a tuff one!

Hatchet Jack