Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

zone 51 in nj

Old 10-12-2003, 09:19 AM

Default zone 51 in nj

who here hunts in zone 51 i' m looking into buying a permit for shootgun sesean it has like 50 days to hunt most zones are only one day
so lets here you hunts this zone
Old 10-12-2003, 06:31 PM

Default RE: zone 51 in nj

N J 51 has been very good to me the past coulpe of years.I hunt in Barnegat , but for shotgun I hunt 58 . Check out Tip' s hardware' s web site some nice deer out of 51
Old 10-12-2003, 07:31 PM

Greenwood state forest has some good size deer, but you need to scout the area well. Only problem that area gets hit hard by the hunting clubs during six day firearm.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey bucktail im just down the road in union beach. i hunt greenwood all the time its zone 21. zone 51 i believe is allaire state park which doesnt allow gun hunting anymore.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:23 PM

Yeah I know... just a typing mistake. Where else do you hunt? Ive been in zone 14 for the last couple of weeks. Heading down to greenwood on sat.

Old 10-19-2003, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

i saw over 30 deer on one of those planted green fields on saturday. i had it all to myself got it on film even a couple bucks. had a doe come in right under me but i was having so much fun filming i blew any chance at a shot. i set up in my climber around 2.30 pm and had deer come out just 10 minutes later and stay with me till dark. i also hunt up north in allamuchy state park during the gun season but i always find myself going to the pines most of the time because its usually vacant of other hunters.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:08 PM

ha orange i was also out sat afternoon on a green field in the back also got in tree around 2 2;30 also saw someone getting into a tree on the other side of this (h) shaped field saw three deer run out closer to the other guy while i was watching them a small doe came out under me i let her pass at about 10 yrds anyway when i left i saw the other guy drie away in a red pick up was that you if not i didn' t see anyone hanging around in parking area well good luck
Old 10-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i found a field further back on the same road that was planted and decided to give it a try. my brother came down to hunt and was looking for me also and couldnt find me so he sat in a stand that i have back in the woods a bit. wish he would have called me on my cell because i get sprint service just about everywhere back in those pines its amazing! sorry i missed you. i drive a black bronco ii with a deer hauler on the back.hunted the morning and saw nothing at one of my stand sites. should be down there on sat. i will look for you. my brother drives a old black chevy silverado with a black cap.