Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NH Special Youth Hunting Weekend for Deer >

NH Special Youth Hunting Weekend for Deer

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NH Special Youth Hunting Weekend for Deer

Old 10-07-2003, 11:51 AM

Default NH Special Youth Hunting Weekend for Deer

Just curious how many New Hampshire hunters will be taking their children out this season? My son turned 14 this year, I took him out a few times last year, hopefully this year will be his first to fill his tag!!
Good luck to all, and be safe.
Mike

Special Youth Hunting Weekend for Deer
Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 25 & 26, 2003;
Resident and nonresident youths shall be under 16 years of age;
Youths must be accompanied by a licensed adult 18 years of age or older;
Adults who accompany youth hunters must possess a current hunting license and shall not carry a firearm, or assist in taking the deer other than to supervise;
Each licensed adult may accompany up to two youths under 16 years of age;
Any deer taken shall constitute the one deer allowed by firearms per year. Youth hunters should use the tag on the back cover of this book. All deer need to be registered as required during the regular season;
A deer of either sex is legal statewide;
Must comply with all Fish and Game laws relative to hunting deer.
Youth Hunting Weekend for Deer is an opportunity for hunters to acquaint their youngsters with the hunting tradition, and lets youths hunt deer without the pressure of competing with thousands of other hunters at the same time. This is a great occasion to take a kid hunting, and a perfect way for hunters to introduce youngsters to the sport, spend some quality time with them and instill in them an appreciation of hunting lore, ethics and our outdoor environment. Because there won' t be other firearms deer hunters in the field that day, the chances for getting a deer should be better than during the regular season. We hope hunters will take advantage of this great opportunity.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NH Special Youth Hunting Weekend for Deer

NH Demon...Good luck to you and your son this season. I think it' s pretty coooool that NH has this setup for young hunters. Looks like maybe you' re spending time hunting in the western part of the state. I hunt both Maine and NH and usually hunt in J2, L, M zones.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:56 PM

Thanks Jimmy, I hunt H2. Been seeing a lot of doe so far, hopefully this colder weather will get the bucks moving around, and put one in my son' s scope!!

I wonder if any other states have the special youth dates?
See ya around,
Mike
Old 10-07-2003, 10:13 PM

Hi Guys,

This will be my son' s 3rd time out and my daughter' s first. I' m real close to you, Demon, in Stoddard. We spend a lot of time in Keene but don' t know any good deer spots in that area. Any hints?
Old 10-09-2003, 05:26 AM

I hunt Surry mostly, all of Surry mountain, not the easiest terrain, but stilll rewarding. There are a lot of snowmobile trails and old logging roads that cut through the area that I go. Nothing much in the Keene area unfortunately.
Good luck to all.
Mike