Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Is this legal

Old 10-06-2003, 07:16 AM

Default Is this legal

There is this guy that has some property and a camp that is ajacent to mine and he has instaled this HUGE fence around it. He opens gates on it and baits deer into the enclosure then closes it up then come hunting season him and his buddies hunt this fenced in area and i was just wondering if this was legal in PA or not. It seams to me that it would be no fun to hunt this way and unfair to the animal
Old 10-06-2003, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Is this legal

Nope sure isnt, I do belive that in order to fence in an area that deer cant get out of, he would first have to remove all the deer inside the fence.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:53 AM
Spike

If you are in NY, not unless he is licensed by the state for doing some kind of study.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

call the game commision to find out if it' s legal. if not you know what should be done!!! i can' t see how it can be, unless there' s a permit that can be had. but have not heard of any such permit. you can not bait deer in pa within 30 days of hunting the area. once your inside of 30 days of opening day you can' t bait! up to 30 days they say it' s ok. they reason that by time 30 days are up the bait food should be gone.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:42 AM

doesn' t sound legal to me , i' d call the game warden on him if he has a game farm permit it still wouldn' t be legal because those deer " belong" to the state ! thats the kind of ahole that gives hunting a bad name [:@]

Old 10-06-2003, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

How much land does he have. How does he know that when he opens the gate to bait 5 deer in that 6 don' t slip out? It seems like a stupid idea to me. There were probably plenty of deer on his property before the fence was up than there are now. Also - in the rut, he may decrease his chances of getting a good buck. There are probably some nice bucks that won' t be able to cruise through his property because of the fence.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 10-07-2003, 08:09 AM

Thanks you guys. Im going to do the right thing
Old 10-07-2003, 11:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is absolutely illegal.

When you fence a property you have to buy the deer that may incidentally been " trapped" inside from the PAGC and that is assumed by the deer denisity of the area you fenced...I believe the cost of $100 per deer....This is what I heard from a recently fenced area and could be somewhat misinterpreted.

To fence an area, bait into it wild animals and then hunting them, without said permits and purchases of said deer, and I doubt these people have either, not only are they breaking the law, they are pathetic in terms of hunting, sportsmanship, woodsmanship and ethics.....[:' (]
Old 10-07-2003, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

totemir,

Where in PA are from? There is a fella that does this in Clarington, PA. Near Cook Forest, PA. They' ve busted this guy a couple times in the years past.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:04 AM

near mansfeild in tioga county

Quick Reply: Is this legal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.