Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA Doe application due >

PA Doe application due

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Doe application due

Old 08-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dougl
All that matters is more deer.
With all your above post's , I know your Kidding.

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-12-2014, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not sure what drilling has to do with deer numbers but oh well.When the drillers are drilling,it can certainly mess up your hunting.Once they're gone they help create habitat.My only issue with the drilling is that it opens up remote areas with road access.As far as the drilling goes,it most certainly has helped our economy is a bunch of different ways and I'm all for it without taxing the heck out of anyone.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Ha, haven't been on this site in a while. Same old guys, whining about "the good old days" in PA. News flash, those good old days are gone, and we won't see them again in any of our lifetimes. I've seen the good, bad, & ugly here in this state in my lifetime. Deer hunting in PA these days is fair, not great, but could be worse. Deer population densities have increased in some areas, declined in others in the last 15 years (since Alt).

Back to the topic at hand....the PBGC is going to give out doe tags, no way around that. Buy them & hunt, burn them in the fireplace, who really cares? As much as I distrust the PBGC's theories & science, I still think they have more of a clue than the internet "professors" who watch a couple TV shows or attend a QDMA seminar a couple times and think they're suddenly wildlife biologists.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

Gee wiz Uncle Nickey, those would not be the same science boys that were telling us for years that deer are color blind. How about the scientific fact that the laurel was being eaten by the thunderous herds of deer, when there has been orange spots all over the leaves for years. One stupid observation after another. PAGCB are government, and anything government is always behind the times. The thing that pissed me off was the PGC wanting to raise the license rates after botching their job. Remember the air recon to count deer? What nonsense that was. It just goes on and on.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Uncle Nicky
Ha, haven't been on this site in a while. Same old guys, whining about "the good old days" in PA. News flash, those good old days are gone, and we won't see them again in any of our lifetimes. I've seen the good, bad, & ugly here in this state in my lifetime. Deer hunting in PA these days is fair, not great, but could be worse. Deer population densities have increased in some areas, declined in others in the last 15 years (since Alt).

Back to the topic at hand....the PBGC is going to give out doe tags, no way around that. Buy them & hunt, burn them in the fireplace, who really cares? As much as I distrust the PBGC's theories & science, I still think they have more of a clue than the internet "professors" who watch a couple TV shows or attend a QDMA seminar a couple times and think they're suddenly wildlife biologists.
I know your not talking about me. I been living, breathing and Sh*&^%$ Hunting and the great Outdoors in PA for 45years. I to seen the good,bad and ugly. I did realize the Deer herd needed to be reduced. Just not at the rate it was done. I still think the hunting is good in PA. You just need to scout and hunt harder, and I have no problem with that. But the lack of Deer not being seen by the less hardcore hunters and Youth hunters are pushing them away. That's sad and bad for the future of hunting in PA. Just saying .

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-13-2014, 01:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
Gee wiz Uncle Nickey, those would not be the same science boys that were telling us for years that deer are color blind. How about the scientific fact that the laurel was being eaten by the thunderous herds of deer, when there has been orange spots all over the leaves for years. One stupid observation after another. PAGCB are government, and anything government is always behind the times. The thing that pissed me off was the PGC wanting to raise the license rates after botching their job. Remember the air recon to count deer? What nonsense that was. It just goes on and on.
Deer don't see in black and white but they don't see color like we do.Deer eat laurel when they have nothing else to eat.When they do eat it,it's a sure sign that you have too many deer,regardless of how many are there.Regardless,you'll have to show a link saying that the PGC was concerned about deer wiping out the laurel.I never heard that one before.I have no idea where you're going with orange spots.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
I know your not talking about me. I been living, breathing and Sh*&^%$ Hunting and the great Outdoors in PA for 45years. I to seen the good,bad and ugly. I did realize the Deer herd needed to be reduced. Just not at the rate it was done. I still think the hunting is good in PA. You just need to scout and hunt harder, and I have no problem with that. But the lack of Deer not being seen by the less hardcore hunters and Youth hunters are pushing them away. That's sad and bad for the future of hunting in PA. Just saying .

Hatchet Jack
You still think the hunting is good,yet you do nothing but complain.Sadly,the habitat can't be allowed to be destroyed so the casual hunters can have more easy targets.

My son started hunting two years ago when he was seven.We rifle hunt strictly on public land or timber company land in the northcetral part of the state which has some of the lowest deer densities around.He's tagged out both years and was by my side when I've killed a bunch of deer.We don't see dozens of deer either.Most days we see a handful and he's never once complained about being bored or not seeing enough.If you take a kid hunting and they don't want to be out there,either you're doing something wrong or the kid just doesn't have it in him.When something is a challenge and a kid succeeds,it's much better and it drives them.Instant gratification isn't the way to teach a kid.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

How did people get gas before the major Drilling/raping of our land? Maybe propane, maybe oil, maybe candle light with their Horse and Buggy.
I'm talking about natural gas. My house was built in 1970 and my over/stove, heat and hot water are all natural gas. It had to come from somewhere.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
I'm talking about natural gas. My house was built in 1970 and my over/stove, heat and hot water are all natural gas. It had to come from somewhere.
That's actually funny.Where does he think propane comes from?You don't think we should tap other reserves?
Old 08-14-2014, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, we bitch about getting oil from the Arabs and how we need energy independence. But, we can't get the natural gas from under our feet.

We have a few gas wells in Sullivan County and they don't look all that bad to me. Our land has been under negotiation for a while but we are partial owners and can't get everyone to agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.