Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA Doe application due >

PA Doe application due

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Doe application due

Old 09-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
I had my DCO Buddy today look into the 1/4 of a Deer today. He called WCO John Pappas of Bucks co who then called the Reading PGC headquarters. He was told you CAN 1/4 a Deer in the woods to get it out. Its must be tagged correctly and the head taken with you along with your meat. The Game Warden can be taken back to the site if he thinks there is foul play. Then he can take DNA to see if its the same Deer.Here's another one to ponder that I don't understand. Why can't you use Bloodhound Tracking Dog's to find your Deer?

Hatchet Jack
Again,that is a legislative issue,not a PGC issue.Just about every year for the past several years, a leased tracking dog bill is brought to the table.For some unknown reason,it's never moved to a vote.Dumb?Yes but that's our elected officials for you.And some wonder why many of us want the legislators as far out of game management as we can get them.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

This Post was hashed over by some Heavy Hitters on some of the Grey area in the PA Hunting and Trapping Digest/ Dead sea scrolls. It sure was fun.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

The question is why would you resurrect this old post that really has nothing to do with the title of the post and has been answered.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 04-04-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know. This site is turning into a Deadzone. Thought I shake things up. Don't take much to get you going. LOL. I do appreciate your passion!!!
Old 04-19-2017, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll bite, too. I would like the option to use a dog to find a dead deer. The book say that we should make every attempt to recover game. But we can't use the best tool there is.

Other states allow it. They must be stupid. Or PA knows something that they don't.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
I'll bite, too. I would like the option to use a dog to find a dead deer. The book say that we should make every attempt to recover game. But we can't use the best tool there is.

Other states allow it. They must be stupid. Or PA knows something that they don't.
I shot a 8pt on a farm I lease in NJ last November. I was having trouble finding the Deer. I called in Darren Doran who is a licensed Dog Tracker. What a treat it was watching his Dog work. They found my Buck!!!! This is such a great tool for hunters to use when all else fails.I don't get why its not allowed in PA?????? If you hunt NJ and NY and you can't find your Deer give Darren Doran a call 908-331-2041