Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA Doe application due >

PA Doe application due

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Doe application due

Old 07-14-2014, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Default PA Doe application due

Don't forget to mail in your pink envelopes today for PA residents! It's getting close to deer season again! (Sorta)
-Jake
Old 07-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sent my tag in for DMA 3D and I will not use it! The Deer are starting to make a comeback in the area I hunt in Pike co. Deer have been few and far between for a long time in the Big Woods of the Delaware State Forest, SGL 180 and SGL 209 where I hunt.

Hatchet Jack
Old 07-20-2014, 12:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm putting mine in the mail Monday.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

Hatchet,

I've "burnt" a few tags in past years. But the last two years I've been seeing good numbers again. Thankfully. The past ten years deer were pretty slim. But the past two I've been regularly seeing groups of 5-10 doe together regularly. Had a group of 12 come through one morning last season. It's been getting better. I hope it gets better statewide. I'm also mostly on private ground. It's open to whoever, but it is private.
-Jake
Old 07-20-2014, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Hatchet,

I've "burnt" a few tags in past years. But the last two years I've been seeing good numbers again. Thankfully. The past ten years deer were pretty slim. But the past two I've been regularly seeing groups of 5-10 doe together regularly. Had a group of 12 come through one morning last season. It's been getting better. I hope it gets better statewide. I'm also mostly on private ground. It's open to whoever, but it is private.
-Jake
The Deer are starting to comeback but part of the problem is the Hunters are not there to move the Deer.

Hatchet Jack
Old 07-20-2014, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sent my tag in for DMA 3D and I will not use it!
Unused doe tags equal low success rate. In response, the game commission will issue more doe tags next year.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

mine went in on the 14th too. didn't get my application back, so I figured I will be getting mine.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
Unused doe tags equal low success rate. In response, the game commission will issue more doe tags next year.
Its still up to the Hunters to use them. They issue Tons of Doe Tags now, so in the end it won't matter one way or the other. Some Hunters just like to KILL,KILL,KILL!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 07-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I see good numbers the first week I will harvest a deer during the second week. Sometimes this backfires and I go without. But hey that usually means twins next spring. I only hunt state forest land.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
The Deer are starting to comeback but part of the problem is the Hunters are not there to move the Deer.

Hatchet Jack
If there's no hunters,how are they being overharvested?

I live on the border of 2G/2H where's there's supposedly no deer.We have less dpsm than almost any part of the state and my kids and I will fill at least 10 tags without feeling a tiny bit of guilt.The habitat was trashed in this part of the state and it's making big gains in recovery.There's no pressure on public land and now isn't the time to increase the herd a great deal to loose what we've gained with the habitat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.