Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA. Boys Ready!!!! >

PA. Boys Ready!!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA. Boys Ready!!!!

Old 09-30-2003, 08:55 AM

Default PA. Boys Ready!!!!

We' ve got about 4 days to go till the PA. opener, I can hardly stay in my skin!!! I' ve gone over my check list like Santa would. Just want to see if this is a common effect on the rest of the bowhunting population or if it' s in the water here. I didn' t set my sights on any particular buck yet, but we have some good ones around, and plenty of flat heads to keep my heart pounding all day Sat. Visions of tenderloins frying in beer-n-butter.........oh yeah I' m ready!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PA. Boys Ready!!!!

yea im almost ready, gotta put some fletch on some arrows that i shot it off of, but other than that i got my new cabelas 3D suclusion and im ready to go...
i havent seen any real nice bucks but know of some seen by my friends, so im gonna go after the big ones seen by my friends since where they seen them was only about 100yds from where i put up my portable every year....
cant wait, i just hope its not like last saturday here, thunder and lightening dont make for a fun day........
good luck
Old 09-30-2003, 09:21 AM

about a month ago my wife and I went and video taped the areas where iw anted to hunt, all we say were a LOT of does and fawns, mostly does with twins, and 1 small spike. Then a couple weeks ago, went and marked some trees I want to put my stand in, 2 evening stands, 2 morning stands, for now what will work.
The morning stands are what i think will be my big producers. One morning stand is overlooking an area where just this past weekend we found 4 rubs within 30 yeards of each other, most likely velvet rubs, but all the same, rubs which means a buck. The other is overlooking an area, where several trails converge leading to and from the farmers fields several hundred yards below me. The evenings are above an old log yard, which looks up the ridge and both are in areas where i have seen deer this year, coming down for evening feedings.........man talking about it makes me all that much more excited, lol
Old 09-30-2003, 09:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

What is the popular term these days..... " 3 days and a wake-up" ?

Not long now at all. I am ready to go....at least from an equipment and location standpoint. I am still working on the mental preparation part....

Old 09-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Na not even excited. It is going to be a circus around here. Wall to wall people up every tree.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

I' M READY !
Old 09-30-2003, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Definitely! All I need to do now is some fine tuning
Old 09-30-2003, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stands are hung, clothes are washed and sealed, bow is tuned, Muzzy' s sharpened. The only problem is, My wife hates when I sleep with my release strapped on my arm! LOL!
Old 10-01-2003, 06:17 AM

Picked up the final thing I needed last night......a new headlamp :-)
Old 10-01-2003, 08:22 AM

i WAS ready ,now i have a change in plan , i' m gonna have to hunt from the ground instead of a tree , i just don' t like my tree stand ,(if anyone wants a climber pm or email me for details it' s an ol man) so i' m gonna hunt from the ground this year as the new area i' m gonna hunt doesn' t have any permanents and i don' t have time or money to put one up , so i' m ready but not as ready as i want to be.