Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Hunting S.E. PA? >

Hunting S.E. PA?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hunting S.E. PA?

Old 07-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
I used to live right on the Bucks County/Lehigh County line. I did good by hunting spots nobody would even bother with. I had a good spot where 3 fence lines came together. It was open fields all around it. Nobody had ever even asked the owner to hunt there before I did. Hunt during the day (10:00-2:00) during the week. Deer can tell when it is a work day just by the noise in the morning. Deer really get up and move around during the day in the 'Burbs. Tell NO ONE where you hunt. That is when the trouble starts. I still go down there now and then during the late doe season. I have a good spot on State game Lands and we have always seen deer in the extended season. It is thick and I bet the average deer in there is missed 5-6 times a season, but we do see deer. There are deer left on state land, but you have to find that magic spot.
Sounds like I'm going to be doing a lot of driving around looking for a honey spot, lol. I wonder how much I'd bug a land owner just walkin in and askin, "hey, in a few months, can i sit in one of your trees with a rifle?"
Old 07-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

"hey, in a few months, can i sit in one of your trees with a rifle?"
I wouldn't lead off with that question.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Especially the rifle part, although it was legal to use a rifle at my fencerow place. 5-c has a lot of rifle areas, but I would invest in a shotgun or crossbow. The best places are right next to houses. That is another good thing about hunting during the week. Nobody around to complain about the noise.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

Most farmers in NJ hate the deer because of the high populations. So you just have to ask someone who doesn't have anyone already hunting or who hasn't been asked before. I haven't hunted any of the state land so i couldn't say about it but have heard it has good deer. Another good idea for the PA side of things is to look for people with small chunks of land ,nice houses, and expensive flower gardens. They are not fans of deer at all, also tree nursery owners are not very big fans of deer either. I am considering hunting Noximixtion state park in PA this year, i have heard its pretty solid hunting in bow season.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

here are some deer I have got in NJ just across the river. I never did get a shot at the first 8 point but i the bigger buck in the last picture i was able to get. he was in a 12 acre piece in the burbs. score 135 net and is proudly on my wall lol (i pretty much only bow hunt down there, its easier to get permission)

Old 07-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in the SE suburbs. I just had a buck in my backyard last night. It jumped the fence to come into my yard. My dog was 5 feet from it, barking in its face. The deer just stood there. That's the 2nd time I've seen a deer in my neighborhood that laughed at a dog.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

JAS,
Have you seen what is required liscence and money wise to hunt Jersey?
I did for 1 year almost $400
daddus
Old 07-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by daddus1
JAS,
Have you seen what is required liscence and money wise to hunt Jersey?
I did for 1 year almost $400
daddus
DANG, no I hadn't. Stickin to PA then, lol.

And I agree with some of the posts earlier about the rifle thing, I just don't want to double post or pad my post count.

I do have a Mossberg 500 12ga at home with a 18 inch barrel. I might get a slug barrel and take that along instead. Now im kicking myself for selling my Mossberg Slugster.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

SGL 56 off of Rt611 near Ottsville . Lot of state land to hunt. or all around Nockamixon lake off of rt 463 Bucks county. Good Deer hunting on Game Land 56 if you do some scouting and your homework. Shot lots of nice deer off that Game land. Been hunting it for 35years!!!!! Get some some topo maps and GOODLUCK!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.