Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pennsylvania' s new Cabelas store! >

Pennsylvania' s new Cabelas store!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvania' s new Cabelas store!

Old 09-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pennsylvania' s new Cabelas store!

I was wondering how many in PA got the chance to check out the Cabelas store yet? I made the two hour trip to it yesterday and I must say.....WOW[]!!

I have never been in a nicer store, period. I have never been in an outdoor store like this until yesterday. I dont think there was anything they missed when building this thing. The mounts and the wildlife scenes, including conservation mountain are outstanding. Also, I found the service and courtesy excellent.

If you haven' t checked it out yet, you are missing out. I' m actually thankful it wasn' t built where they were going to build it, which would have put it about 15 min from my house. That place would put a fella in debt if you live close to it!!
Old 09-21-2003, 05:49 PM

Default RE: Pennsylvania' s new Cabelas store!

I' m hoping to get down there this weekend. So what' d you buy while you were there muzzyman?

Tyler
Old 09-21-2003, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank goodness I didn' t take a credit card!! I did manage to buy a gallon of Scent Killer spray, a pack of Muzzy' s, a boonie hat, some scent wafers and some mini limb savers.

When you go, I highly recommend taking a camera with you. I really would care if I had a nickle to my name, its still worth just going down to look.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:23 PM

Where is the store??
Old 09-21-2003, 07:41 PM

hamburg pa, near reading pa
Old 09-22-2003, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

We went on Saturday. Awesome. We bought a t-shirt, sweatshirt, a toy for the kid and an electric smoker. A little crowded, though. I counted 12 different states' plates on the way from the parking lot to the car. About an hour from me. I' m going again for sure.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 09-22-2003, 08:26 AM

I took the trip Friday night I libe about 30 minutes away. My wife was the one that suggested going. She was a bit curious herself and so after work we headed up there knowing full well that we wouldn' t have more than 2 hours in the store.

Where to begin? The store is huge. larger than any home depot and size is comparable to average shopping mall. We actually got a parking space right in front of the store. Huge

Museum/tourist value:
We walked in and our jaws dropped. Mounts of nearly every game animal known to man are all around the edge of the store. Almost all the African Antelope species, caribou, elk, lions, zebras, crocidiles, elephant, black bears, grizzlies, turkies(North american turkey slam) and plenty of fish as well.
Special Deer Museum for Whitetails & Mule deer they have about 40 of the largest full body mounts in existance, and head mounts of some of the largest racks. UNBELIEVEABLE!

Prices as good as the catalog or any online prices and no shipping fees. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I have some pictures from my digital camera and will try to post them later this afternoon.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

You just can' t describe the place and do it justice. You have to go and see it for yourself. Our power was out for 3 days so we made a day of it. Drove through Kutztown on our way home and showed wife the old stomping grounds. All my old apartments are still there. I can' t believe I used to live like that.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 09-22-2003, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

i heard they have a firearms museum , is that true ???

BTW- do they sell hunting rifles ????