Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Cabelas store in Syracuse, NY?? >

Cabelas store in Syracuse, NY??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cabelas store in Syracuse, NY??

Old 02-16-2003, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cabelas store in Syracuse, NY??

Has anyone heard abut or have info on a Cabelas superstore coming to Syracuse (near the Carousel Mall)?? I heard some rumors. I think it would be great evn if we would have to pay tax. I would go there to buy (1 hr.) and maybe to work.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabelas store in Syracuse, NY??

Cabelas is planning on building 1 store per year. Pennsylvania being this year in 2003, Kansas City being 2002. Nobody knows where it' ll be in 2004 but I all the guesses are just rumors.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:58 AM
Spike

I understand the Syracuse deal fell thru, heard it' s going to Buffalo instead, Bass Pro going in Auburn, also heard Gander mtn going in in Rochester. But only the Bass Pro Shop in Auburn is fact, the others are rumors.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

A smaller version Bass Pro store is going into the finger lakes mall. I also heard the Cabelas store in carousel fell through, but heard again it maybe possible. Especially with Bass Pro moving into the area. Ah let the rumors flow, and lets hope!
Old 02-20-2003, 09:56 AM

The gander mnt. website lists future store' s in tonowanda and henrietta(a.k.a. Rochester) and the bass pro website says a future location in the finger lake area - doesn' t say an exact town - and nothing on Cabela' s website except about the PA store.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:21 PM

I DI NOT HEAR ABOUT THE SYRACUSE STORE, BUT ITS 21/2 HOURS FROM BUFFALO. THE BASS PRO DEAL AT THE AUD I BELIEVE IS DEAD, TO MUCH POLITICS IN BFLO. A CABELAS IN TONA. WOULD BE GREAT, MIGTH HURT THE WALLET A LITTLE. ANY STORE IN WESTERN N.Y. WOULD BE HELPFUL.
HAPPY HUNTING
Old 02-28-2003, 07:41 AM

NEW IINFO , GANDER MTN IS COMING TO TONAWANA. IT IS GOING TO BE IN AN OLD AMES STORE ON YOUNG ST. IN THE B.JS. PLAZA. A FRIEND OF MINE JUST PICKED UP THE PLANS FOR THE RENOVATIONS.
HAPPY HUNTING
Old 02-28-2003, 02:44 PM

i knew no one read my posts.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:18 PM

Are we sure we want one of these stores in NY? I talked to a few guys from PA, down at the Harrisburg show, that were' nt too happy about Bass Pro Coming into PA.

1st they said it was too far for them to drive to as often as they would buy stuff. One guy said he' d have to make the trip once or twice a month!

Secondly, they now have to pay PA sales tax and shipping on catolog orders, now with the new store in PA. Doesn' t sound like a good deal for me since I' ll be 2hrs away from the nearest store.[:' (]
Old 03-14-2003, 07:28 PM

I wrote Bass Pro instead of Cabela' s. My mistake.

Quick Reply: Cabelas store in Syracuse, NY??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.