Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Cabelas in Hamburg, PA >

Cabelas in Hamburg, PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cabelas in Hamburg, PA

Old 09-19-2003, 06:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Cabelas in Hamburg, PA

Well, I decided to beat the weather yesterday and face the hooorrribble crowds that were expected to be at Cabelas new store in Hamburg, PA. (Ok, ok, the truth is that I had a dentist' s appointment and ended up taking a half day off from work.) Conveniently though, the appt. was not until 3 pm and a half day starts at 11 am. So, with some time to kill I headed to the new Cabelas.

Let me just say that for those of you about to make the journey it is well worth it. I must have walked around for a good 10 to 15 minutes with my mouth wide open before one of the store employees laughed and asked me if I was alright. The store is Immense and fully stocked with just about every piece of clothing, gadget and gizmo that you could possibly ask for when it comes to outdoor recreational activities (minus the 18-24 month old camo outfit I was looking for)

Sadly, I forgot to take the digital camera with me this time. However, I will be taking it with me on Monday when I again venture back to that most wonderful of stores. Now, I must admit, I expected the worst. But, truth be told, I had no problem parking or getting into the store. Nor did I have a problem finding what I wanted, touring the whole store and then checking out at the end. It is a very well thought out design.

Oh, and the mounts are absolutely incredible. I just did not have enough time to really check everything out but what I did see was just absolutely incredible.

Lastly, I did observe a bit of restraint and only bought a Seclusion 3D shirt to go with my new hunting outfit and a commerorative hat. That is what I am going to leave you folks with....

Old 09-19-2003, 06:17 AM

Default RE: Cabelas in Hamburg, PA

Hi bowhntr. I am from Columbia County and I can' t wait to get down to that store. I am planning on making a day of it. I am also planning on purchasing a new shotgun from down there. How are the prices?

I saw the inside of the store on television and it looks incredible. It said it takes approximately 5-6 hours to walk through and look at everything. That doesn' t even include picking anything up. Well, good luck on your next visit. Buy something good! And take good pictures! See ya!
Old 09-19-2003, 06:55 AM

Fantastic I plan to make an evening out of it early next week. Thanks for the update and I will try and bring my digital camera to show some pics.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

In all honesty I was too busy just looking at everything to really check the prices. They could not have been that bad as I saw quite a few folks at the super long gun counter. Most of the clothing, archery equipment, etc.. was the same price as what is in the catalog.

You could easily spend 5-6 hours there...especially if you want to see all the mounts, eat lunch and then actually go shopping.

CG,

I hesitate to go on the weekends as I am sure it will be packed. If you do not hunt for PA' s archery season then it might be a good idea to head down there the first day...October 4th. It might be less crowded on that particular Saturday...
Old 09-19-2003, 08:41 AM

drat i wish it was closer to me!! look foward to seeing the pictures!
Old 09-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you had a good time, Frank. When we went to Dundee this summer I was the same way....jaw dropping experience for sure....at leas the first time. The prices match the catalog on everything that I looked at. I would assume though that they have sales just like every retailer....maybe that' ll start at the grand opening.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

Some members of our club plan on making the trip down on the 9th of October. My checkbook is already starting to tremble
Old 09-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

looking forward to the pictures bud , so they do sell guns ?????

what' s the gun museum like ????
Old 09-23-2003, 08:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Avalanche,

I think you picked a good time to head down as that will be the week of the grand opening. They are supposed to have give-aways and such during that time period.

whelen,

I did not really get to check out the gun " counter" that much when I was there. They appear to have an extensive collection and, yes, I do believe they sell guns...
Old 09-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Host of Hosts

I hope the story about putting a Cabela' s store in Ripley, NY is true. I can get there in 30 minutes.