Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Cabela' s Opens today in PA >

Cabela' s Opens today in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cabela' s Opens today in PA

Old 09-18-2003, 07:03 AM

Default Cabela' s Opens today in PA

OK I will admit I am excited about the new store opening here in Pa. Cabela' s store is huge I can' t wait to go inside. I am sure I will be like a kid in a candy store.
But as I watched the morning news for the Reading & Allentown area some guy who was first in line said he had been waiting there since 2am. It is just a store it isn' t like it is opening day of the season... I mean jeez don' t some people have a life?
Old 09-18-2003, 09:55 AM

Default RE: Cabela' s Opens today in PA

What part of PA is the store located?
Old 09-18-2003, 09:57 AM

Can' t wait to go. I told my wife I' m gonna need to rent a U-Haul to pull behind my Dodge Dakota to bring back all of the stuff. Even My dad' s excited about it, and he doesn' t get excited about things like that at all. He told me months ago when he heard about it that he wanted to go when my buddy and I go. It is almost like an amusement park for the outdoorsman.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

We' ll be there on Saturday. It' s in Hamburg. That' s about 10 minutes from Reading.

Do you think everything will be finished by Saturday. The grand opening is not until October. I was wondering if there are still parts under construction.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 09-18-2003, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

do we have to pay tax now if we order? its across the state and virtually worhtless to me...may even add on to my expenses now....anyone know?
Old 09-19-2003, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

The store was scheduled to open some time between 8 and 9 am but since there were people waiting outside they opened the doors at 7:30 am instead.

There is nothing under construction that I could tell and the store was absolutely incredible. It is only a stone' s throw down route 78 from me so I had to go down yesterday (see post above).

It is located about 35 west of Allentown via route 78. Parking was not a problem. The number of people was not a problem and the store is awesome.

My only regret is I did not get a chance to eat at the restaraunt. I will save that for Monday.