Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Sunday hunting in pa. >

Sunday hunting in pa.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday hunting in pa.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:59 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Uncle Nicky
No, but somehow we managed at one time to have an over-surplus of deer, with all the hunters...it's all about shooting does, not Sunday hunting.
I understand your point and agree to a point. I'm not arguing about populations and densities. There are plenty more reasons to oppose expanding sunday hunting. With that said, more doe tags will be filled because of Sunday hunting. It all comes down to greed and entitlement mentality.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Yellowsnow
I understand your point and agree to a point. I'm not arguing about populations and densities. There are plenty more reasons to oppose expanding sunday hunting. With that said, more doe tags will be filled because of Sunday hunting. It all comes down to greed and entitlement mentality.
greed and entitlement is right,
good month for dog training right?
on sundays i bet
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upla...-woodcock.html

and hows clipping wings and tieing strings to birds legs working out?
Old 02-16-2012, 06:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Terasec
greed and entitlement is right,
good month for dog training right?
on sundays i bet
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upla...-woodcock.html

and hows clipping wings and tieing strings to birds legs working out?
What are you talking about?
Old 02-16-2012, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

It all comes down to greed and entitlement mentality.
No argument here...but I would say that particular door swings BOTH ways.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:43 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Uncle Nicky
No argument here...but I would say that particular door swings BOTH ways.
There is greed and bad arguments on both sides of the debate. IMO however, it is more apparent on the Pro SH side.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Since the early 80's I have hunted the coal regions from Tamaqua to Mount Carmel and we saw 50-60 deer the first day and 15-20 after the first day. Guys that went to Potter saw HERDS of 50 deer. Yeah, your a mountain hunter alright. In the early 70's I went to Clinton with a neighbor and we hunted a power line. There was a heavy frozen snow down and we stayed after dark and watched the power line. I counted over a 100 deer on that power line. I am real sorry you missed out on that time in Pa., but that is life. I did log off a property that bordered Graterford and you bet there are deer there.

Anyway, you are just wrong. The Pa. Game Commission regulates deer kill with the amount of days hunted. When doe was only 3 days, the GC used to add a day or two for really bad weather, kind of like snow days at school. The tags were already out there but the hunters were unable to use them.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Terasec, I know about the clipped wings and dogs. When I hunted Maryland with a bow, a dog club used to camp and run dogs and horses. They trained them with quail that had their wings clipped. I caught a quail once and brought it home. They can't fly with clipped wings. Some guys that were bow hunting got mad and left. The deer were used to it did not care unless a horse came right at them. The quail were kind of screwed whether a horse ran them over or not.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
Since the early 80's I have hunted the coal regions from Tamaqua to Mount Carmel and we saw 50-60 deer the first day and 15-20 after the first day. Guys that went to Potter saw HERDS of 50 deer. Yeah, your a mountain hunter alright. In the early 70's I went to Clinton with a neighbor and we hunted a power line. There was a heavy frozen snow down and we stayed after dark and watched the power line. I counted over a 100 deer on that power line. I am real sorry you missed out on that time in Pa., but that is life. I did log off a property that bordered Graterford and you bet there are deer there.

Anyway, you are just wrong. The Pa. Game Commission regulates deer kill with the amount of days hunted. When doe was only 3 days, the GC used to add a day or two for really bad weather, kind of like snow days at school. The tags were already out there but the hunters were unable to use them.
LMAO...what were you boys smoking at the top of that mountain???
Old 02-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

Gratorford and Valley Forge first thing that comes to mind? Uncle Nicky the mountaineer, LMAO. Go buy a GPS.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
Gratorford and Valley Forge first thing that comes to mind? Uncle Nicky the mountaineer, LMAO. Go buy a GPS.
Translation= gunplummer can't figure out how to kill suburban deer, and doesn't want to put in any effort to figure out how do kill a deer in his old haunts. Keep your chin up, I will donate one to you next season. Maybe I will shoot it in the mountains like a "real man", maybe I will shoot it in the burbs like a city slicker. All tastes the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.