Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Sunday hunting in pa. >

Sunday hunting in pa.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday hunting in pa.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sunday hunting in pa.

we all have our opinions on sunday hunting in pa.just some things to think about that COULD happen.
hunting is privilege in pa.not set in stone.
if PUBLIC SUPPORT wanes do to SUNDAY HUNTING,remember about 50% of HUNTERS dont want to see sunday hunting,anti- hunters or PUBLIC that do not hunt,remember they out number us by thousands step -up ,WE COULD BE SHOOTING OURSELVES IN FOOT.
like it or not,FUTURE hunting is very much in hands of non-hunter here in pa. the PUBLIC.....
remember the PUBLIC enjoys the 7TH DAY of week for their fun.most dont want guns going off in quiet of woods for those folks to enjoy.folks,I TALK TO THESE PEOPLE AT CAMPS ALL THE TIME...
did you know that 80% of pa is owned by PRIVATE LANDOWNERS!
with all this sunday HUNTING TALK going on i do believe that private landowners who now allow hunting will close their land for good.they almost did it when that woman was killed hanging her clothes by a stupid a hunter .courts almost caused privatelandowners to close hunting to us over that incident.
i know, I WAS THERE IN COURT AND SAW IT ALL.

with this SUNDAY hunting proposal i feel that privatelandowners dont need too much of excuse to close their land off to hunting.
go to other states and try to hunt on privateland, YOU ARE GOING TO PAY AND PAY A LOT to hunt..
asking us to post our land if we dont want SUNDAY HUNTING could result in my land AND MANY OTHERS BEING CLOSED PERMANTLY.
think about it for minute.
if FARMERS and private landowners close their propertys to hunting PERMANTLY,this could be end to PUBLIC HUNTING AS WE KNOW IT.
this would chase all hunters too PUBLICLAND to hunt. right now hunting on publicland is terrible.it could get a lot worst.
we could LOSE hunters ,we are now do to bad hunting in wmu2g.
guess where the 2g hunters are going, THEY ARE NOW GOING TO PRIVATE FARM LANDS TO HUNT DO TO BAD HUNTING IN WMU2G.
say that door is CLOSED,the end could come quick.
heck i am looking at hunting in another state as we speak do to bad hunting here in WMU2G of pa.

we all here love to hunt,if we are not protectors of our doe and fawns where there are few,like WMU2G,we could be shooting ourselves in foot .then add in SUNDAY HUNTING and your hunting is going to get a LOT worst .
then we will end up like most other states with SUNDAY HUNTING,pay your $2500 dollars for week of hunting and hunt on sunday .

DONT THINK FOR 1 MINUTE THAT FARMERS ARE NOT LOOKING AT JUST DOING THAT HERE IN PA if sunday hunting is allowed.
i am not good at writing so hope its ok for you all too read.

take care sproulman

Last edited by sproulman; 02-11-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Sproul,

We've lost a lot of our private land in the last five years. Seems like everyone is posting their property. Doesn't really relate to your post, but we've been losing our private farms for sure.
-Jake
Old 02-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Sproul,

We've lost a lot of our private land in the last five years. Seems like everyone is posting their property. Doesn't really relate to your post, but we've been losing our private farms for sure.
-Jake
you are right.here in pa the privatelandowners, in my opinion have been very nice to us hunters.most leave their land open for hunting with NO CHARGE to hunt.
find state that does that in usa?
with this SUNDAY HUNTING stirring up the privatelandowners,WE only need this excuse to close land to PUBLIC HUNTERS and start charging hunters to hunt.
look at other states that used to have lots of open hunting, free to hunters that are now closed and you pay to hunt on land.
i go to SD to hunt pheasants.every year they lose more publicland being closed and now CHARGED to hunt.

these were farms that owners let you hunt for free.getting hard to find GOOD hunting on publicland now in almost all states.

all the privateland owners are asking is that SUNDAY HUNTING not be allowed as it has been for 100 years.

if we EVER stir up the anti-hunting or general public dew to SUNDAY HUNTING,we could be putting a nail in our future hunting here in pa..

take care sproul

Last edited by sproulman; 02-11-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

I disagree completely,
Majority of those that oppose sunday hunting generally
Run dogs and want sunday to themselves
Are M-F hunters who don't want you taking game on sunday that they plan oon taking on monday,
Religious folks,
Anti's
And land owners are free to put sunday restrictions on their private land,

How many dogs do you have?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Terasec
I disagree completely,
Are M-F hunters who don't want you taking game on sunday that they plan oon taking on monday,
Religious folks,
Anti's

respectfully,WE ARE NOT GOING TO JUST PUT UP NO HUNTING ON SUNDAYS,IT WILL BE FOR ALL HUNTING.i assume you hunt PUBLICLAND.is your hunting going to be better with all NEW hunters that could be now going to hunt publicland do to us privateland owners not letting you hunt ?

think about it.open your MIND.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:55 AM
Spike

I have to agree Sproul. It's a hot topic for sure, and getting nasty. Greed and "Entitlement Mentality" are really pushing this issue. I'm in the "Leave well enough alone" camp.

If people can't get enough hunting time in, maybe they should change their lifestyle to be able to hunt more.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Terasec
I disagree completely,
Religious folks,
Anti's

Are the woods, and animals in them, anymore yours than other PA hunters?

There are many more people who enjoy the Public land in PA than just hunters. Non-hunters taxes also go to support the State Forests. Are they less entitled to use those lands?
Old 02-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

I've also gotta take the leave it as-is side on this one. Between loosing land, lower deer numbers, and more hunters on the land i'm on, I think no Sunday hunting is a good thing. It's worked this long, let it work. The only thing allowing Sunday hunting will do is allow more people to hunt. That's good for people who feel they don't have the time. But as said above, if you want to do it, you'll find the time. The only thing it will accomplish is more deer being killed, and right now I don't want that.
-Jake
Old 02-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

It's a hot topic, for sure. I'm all for it, I couldn't care less who posts their property, PA landowners are notoriously stingy about not giving access to anyone beside close friends & family. I have my spots down here in SE PA, and I'd get permission to hunt Sundays if I asked, or I'd hunt Sundays on state land.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Spike

Maryland has been experimenting with Sunday DEER hunting for the past few years on private land only. No uproar here. Not many hunters seem to be taking advantage of it. MD has tons of deer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.