Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Cougar killed in ct >

Cougar killed in ct

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cougar killed in ct

Old 09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/new...n-was-wild-cat
Old 09-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Eastern Puma research site: http://eprn.homestead.com/newsletter.html
Old 10-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

kid hunting archery in illinios is attacked by cougar.

google,MOUNTAIN LION ATTACKS PIKE CO. HUNTER
if true, it scratched his hat and coat.
he radioed his mother from ground.

he said it was brown and had longtail.he said it put its paw behind his neck.
he said he took his knife out and stabbed it.

WELL,I JUST HAVE THIS GUT FEELING IT DID NOT HAPPEN.how many of us while being attacked on ground,in my face would think to reach for my knife and stab cat in shoulders?
i never be able to let my hands off the cat,most likely i would be choking it.

me, i would try to get up run as fast as h.
grab knife like daniel boone, nope.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Came across this looking thru these forums, thought I'd give my .02

When I lived out on the west coast we did alot of mountain biking; one thing we had to keep in mind was cougar attacks-it's an instinct to chase the moving bike kinda like a dog, I suppose.

Well, when I moved back home here to NY I was a little surprised one morning to see a cougar crossing the road on my way to the lumber yard. When I mentioned it casually to the guys at the counter I first became aware of the contentious debate over whether or not they exist in the east.
I've seen one myself, know of a handful of people who have also. As I mentioned, it was simply the way it was every day in CA.
My feeling is they are living here now, perhaps not in great numbers. Even if they weren't currently, they would be in the future.

So, why the great debate? It's not as though someone claims to have seen Bigfoot...it's a naturally occurring predator which once roamed the eastern US freely & seems to be making its' return.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 3seasons

When I lived out on the west coast we did alot of mountain biking; one thing we had to keep in mind was cougar attacks-it's an instinct to chase the moving bike kinda like a dog, I suppose.

Well, when I moved back home here to NY I was a little surprised one morning to see a cougar crossing the road on my way to the lumber yard. When I mentioned it casually to the guys at the counter I first became aware of the contentious debate over whether or not they exist in the east.
I've seen one myself, know of a handful of people who have also. As I mentioned, it was simply the way it was every day in CA.
My feeling is they are living here now, perhaps not in great numbers. Even if they weren't currently, they would be in the future.

So, why the great debate? It's not as though someone claims to have seen Bigfoot...it's a naturally occurring predator which once roamed the eastern US freely & seems to be making its' return.
because some of the ones that HAVE NOT seen cougar are jealous.its kind of man thing.like i am better hunter than you thing.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

Sproulman,

I don't know about that but I can tell you this; having lived & recreated(sadly I wasn't hunting at all during those years) in an area with cougars as a daily reality, you'd just as soon not encounter one
Old 10-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sproulman,

I don't know about that but I can tell you this; having lived & recreated(sadly I wasn't hunting at all during those years) in an area with cougars as a daily reality, you'd just as soon not encounter one
i bet.but last thing i want to see done is for them to be killed.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even if they weren't currently, they would be in the future.

Why will they be here in the future?

So, why the great debate?

Because of the 1000's of claims of sightings, there has been almost no proof whatsoever of anything other then an escaped pet or recently one that passed thru for a date in CT. We get more "sightings" here in the NE then in states that actually have a huntable breeding population.

And sproul - rest assured there is no one here jealous of you.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

i saw a cougar in PA, we were fishing oil creek. i was 12 years old. about 4 years ago
Old 10-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
i saw a cougar in PA, we were fishing oil creek. i was 12 years old. about 4 years ago
no you did not,PGC SAYS THEY DONT EXIST.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.