Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Amish mentoured hunting rule >

Amish mentoured hunting rule

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Amish mentoured hunting rule

Old 05-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Amish mentoured hunting rule

i was taking ride last week and saw a AMISH adult with 3 young kids under 12 farm with shotgun for possibly,dont know, mentoured turkey.

RULE STATES THAT ONLY 1 KID CAN BE WITH ADULT UNDER THE MENTOURED RULE .

Last edited by sproulman; 05-03-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:56 AM
NEK
Fork Horn

Default amish

They aint as holy as they make out to be.
Back in the late 1980's or early 90's the Michigan game wardens found the Amishmen with a whole barn, hung full of deer and wild turkeys - they had been selling them.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

i really did not start topic to pick at amish.they just happen to have kids that HUNT more than us.all kids hunt .

i had to check rule myself to see if MORE than 1 kid can hunt with 1 adult.rule in pa says,NO ,1 KID TO 1 ADULT.no learning by others or OBSERVING.

Last edited by sproulman; 05-03-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

I was a member of a hunt club with em near Deleware about 10 years back. Wouldn't do it again.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, I've heard from a lot of hunters that the Amish will get a group together and put on drive after drive until they get all their tags filled and devastate and area of game.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Yes, I've heard from a lot of hunters that the Amish will get a group together and put on drive after drive until they get all their tags filled and devastate and area of game.

..... Yep... Had lots of experiences with them. That's just exactly what happens. They're a bunch of hogs. You don't hunt around Amish areas out here. It's a "scorched earth" thing. A shame...
Old 05-03-2011, 03:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sproulman
i was taking ride last week and saw a AMISH adult with 3 young kids under 12 heading out of the farm with shotgun for mentoured turkey.

RULE STATES THAT ONLY 1 KID CAN BE WITH ADULT UNDER THE MENTOURED RULE .
rumor is they are saying that the other kids are OBSERVERS,NOT HUNTING,just learning.
those people will clean out every animal they can .
So what happened after you called the regional office and reported the illegal behavior?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

>Yes, I've heard from a lot of hunters that the Amish will get a group together and put on drive after drive until they get all their tags filled and devastate and area of game.

There are plenty of hunters of all religous beliefs that get together and hunt until they fill all their tags. Why single out one perticular religion to cast stones at?

>You don't hunt around Amish areas out here. It's a "scorched earth" thing. A shame...

As a group of people that are much closer to the land compared to many other groups it's hard for me to believe their policy is "scorched earth" when it will only mean hardship for them in the future. They have been doing their thing for hundreds of years and would not exist today if they lived the way you accuse them of.

WV Gino
Old 05-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Gino
>Yes, I've heard from a lot of hunters that the Amish will get a group together and put on drive after drive until they get all their tags filled and devastate and area of game.

There are plenty of hunters of all religous beliefs that get together and hunt until they fill all their tags. Why single out one perticular religion to cast stones at?

>You don't hunt around Amish areas out here. It's a "scorched earth" thing. A shame...

As a group of people that are much closer to the land compared to many other groups it's hard for me to believe their policy is "scorched earth" when it will only mean hardship for them in the future. They have been doing their thing for hundreds of years and would not exist today if they lived the way you accuse them of.

WV Gino
Total bull, they live off the backs of others. Come here, live under our security and pay no taxes, and the US goverment just lets em by.

Watch what happens if I stop paying taxes.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

to be fair ,i had to delete some of my comments. first,just seeing a adult with shotgun and 3 young kids during mentoured week for turkey does not mean they all went with that 1 adult as i did not stay there and watch them hunt or if they met others somewhere else..
i just saw 3 kids walking behind the adult and adult had shotgun .
i assume they went hunting .but dont know .

so i felt i should remove some comments .
some feel that you can take 3 kids say with adult as long as only 1 is hunting with adult.
from reading the rules,YOU CANT TAKE OTHER KIDS ALONG EVEN THO THEY ARE NOT HUNTING.
only 1 kid per adult.most of time if i see a kid with adult on publicland when i take a ride,its only 1 kid with the adult.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.