Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Amish mentoured hunting rule >

Amish mentoured hunting rule

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Amish mentoured hunting rule

Old 05-09-2011, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BCRules
See, this is one thing that is so strange about you on forums. You always go about it, like its a court of law, and you will win something. Thats freakin strange.

You can love the bunch all you want. It doesn't put money in my pocket or yours. Hense you win nothing. Any group that refuses to defend this country in times of need should be shown the door. I would seriously doubt you would understand this.

That's funny - I'm trying to win something?
How about someone whose forum "attitude" gets them thrown off and they have to come back with a new handle to continue a arguement by posting deliberate misinformation only to get in a huff when asked to back it up.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good thing we are not talking about religious freedoms, isn't it.

You do realize this is a hunting forum don't you? We are discussing the hunting techniques of amish folks.
Don't believe the topic was who pays what tax either.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Don't believe the topic was who pays what tax either.
Sure wasn't, but I posted many reason I don't care about folks, and others, like you asked questions. I answered. You seem to not be able to grasp what a forum is.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
That's funny - I'm trying to win something?
How about someone whose forum "attitude" gets them thrown off and they have to come back with a new handle to continue a arguement by posting deliberate misinformation only to get in a huff when asked to back it up.
Sure, you say "burden of proof". Its like your trying to win something. Well, all I can say is go for it. You win. Have fun with that prize.

Who was thrown off? I sure am not getting into a huff. But your still one strange person.

Have fun with that prize.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Spike

Sure, you say "burden of proof". Its like your trying to win something. Well, all I can say is go for it. You win. Have fun with that prize.

Who was thrown off? I sure am not getting into a huff. But your still one strange person.

Have fun with that prize.
Since you cannot back up your statement with facts you win the "prize".
Old 05-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by W.Ztirem
Since you cannot back up your statement with facts you win the "prize".
No, actually you win that prize with all your award winning posts.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to change the topic. But one thing that does annoy me with the amish. They want to be all tradititional with no technology. Then why do they hunt with rangefinders and all the modern gadgets??????? Just curious..... lol
Old 05-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

many dads or mentoured adults are putting pics on net showing their kids hunting turkey .it is against the law in pa to have more than 1 kid with you.

they are saying that other child or children is OBSERVER not hunting.but if i read rules it says only 1 adult for each kid hunting or not.could be very dangerous having more than 1 kid with you.
there also is pic of amish dad with kids going hunting but i cant find it.
so the OBSERVER thing is what they are using to take 2 or 3 kids along.but it is still not legal.

locally i am not seeing more than 1 kid with adult .i really am not even seeing that .i see truck but no kids .most say they are JUST OBSERVING during mentoured week.
last year i saw 1 kid only.he was sitting in truck while dad hunted with radio on.
some of camps, kids are in camp and adult in woods OBSERVING.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Fork Horn

>there also is pic of amish dad with kids going hunting but i cant find it.

Doubt you will find such a picture. The Amish decline to be photographed.

I have seen alot of hatred of the Amish over the last ten years from hunters and
suspect it is rooted in the fact that this group hunts hard, harder than most all hunters. The hunters who are keeping a bar stool warm by noon on the first day of rifle are no doubt upset that this group is still out there shooting "their" deer.

WV Gino

Last edited by WV Gino; 05-16-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Gino
>there also is pic of amish dad with kids going hunting but i cant find it.

Doubt you will find such a picture. The Amish decline to be photographed.

I have seen alot of hatred of the Amish over the last ten years from hunters and
suspect it is rooted in the fact that this group hunts hard, harder than most all hunters. The hunters who are keeping a bar stool warm by noon on the first day of rifle are no doubt upset that this group is still out there shooting "their" deer.

WV Gino
Again, you talk of what you have no clue about. Most everyone I know kills mostly if not all with a bow. I do not hunt with or even know any that "keeping the bar stool warm" as you say. You rarely will see amish hunt with a bow. More of a lazy hunter. I shot all weekend with amish at the Baltimore Trad Classic, (primitive bow shoot). They like the primitive bows, but they even tell me, they rarely hunt with em.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.